Fan Clubs (beta)

Wonder Woman movie? Not happening. Wonder Woman TV series? Greenlit by Warner Bros.

DC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SG1 started excellently, but the Ori arc just didnt work for me. Atlantis went the other way, it started a bit meh and got pretty damned good towards the end. Universe I'm enjoying, its different.

Yeah, I thought the Ori were a bit Deus Ex Machina. I mean, evil ascended beings? Really? I thought Ascension was through enlightenment, which would pretty much exclude evil entirely. SG1 pretty much jumped the shark when RDA left.

I like Universe, but they could still tank it horribly and often seem to mis-step a bit, which is why it's only ok. I'd recommend people watch it, but I'd also be prepared for them not to like it.

Guest Jayfunk
You know, I just changed my mind about you. Let me explain this is simple terms that even you should understand.

You claimed the show was shit, that was an opinion, something subjective. In order to disagree with your opinion I pointed out that the show had lots of awards, something not my opinion and indeed something objective from our opinions.

This means your entire argument 'Its shit' which is entirely subjective and given nothing as a basis is shown as pathetic by an argument based around both subjective and objective information.

So from a comparative basis yes, my opinion is far closer to a fact than yours. So the next time you claim an opinion as a fact and someone debates with you maybe you should try to debate back rather than trying to act clever, not only does it not suit you but it serves only to highlight how utterly clueless you actually are.

DS not for the first time you are wrong, when did I claim my opinion as Fact? that is right never I said it was shit which is an opinion never claimed otherwise (only you and belty have the ego to believe your always right and you opinions are facts) besides winning awards means that people agree with an opinion but its certainly not a fact. ironic that belty pipes up the guys opinions are always FACT (there not but still) and can't dabte for shit without using insults like a four year old muppet, best debater my foot!

Edited by Jayfunk

I liked the bird they brought in though. She was ace.

Oh, yeah, both Claudia Black and Morena Baccarin were good. I never really liked the character they replaced O'Neill with. It was still watchable, but you got the feeling it had peaked. Kinda like Buffy peaked in Season 5, and a lot of people thought season 6 was a bit mhe, though the end of Season 6 are actually some of my favorite episodes.

Edited by etz

Wonder if she'll look anything like the one I bumped into at a convention in London?

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2403/wwoman02.jpg

I totally missed this post, here we go:

DS not for the first time you are wrong, when did I claim my opinion as Fact?

When you made a statement of opinion dressed as a fact. Learn the difference between objective and subjective statements.

that is right never.

That bit I just mentioned. ;)

I said it was shit which is an opinion never claimed otherwise (only you and Belty have the ego to believe your always right and you opinions are facts)

Ah yes, I'm famous for never admitting to being wrong or making mistakes.

Compared to you Jay, I'm a genius and far more likely to be right about near enough anything. And that IS a fact, assuming we follow the objective evidence.

besides winning awards means that people agree with an opinion but its certainly not a fact.

You understand how awards are given yeah? Industry experts and/or fans votes. Now if a series wins awards based on both criteria, as Smallville has done, its safe to assume its now an objective fact that its not shit.

If you dont like a certain food cooked by Gordon Ramsey (for example) it doesnt make it shit. He has awards from insiders and from the public, ergo its a fact that his food is, in general at least, very good and not shit.

Understand? Tastes vary, quality is a constant.

ironic that belty pipes up the guys opinions are always FACT (there not but still) and can't dabte for shit with using insults like a four year old muppet, best debater my foot!

If you want irony try the fact that YOU started the insults in this thread.

Guest Jayfunk
When you made a statement of opinion dressed as a fact. Learn the difference between objective and subjective statements.

Sorry but saying So and so is shit is an opinion.

Ah yes, I'm famous for never admitting to being wrong or making mistakes.

Compared to you Jay, I'm a genius and far more likely to be right about near enough anything. And that IS a fact, assuming we follow the objective evidence.

you miss the point about opinions on subjective matters. genius maybe humble no

You understand how awards are given yeah? Industry experts and/or fans votes. Now if a series wins awards based on both criteria, as Smallville has done, its safe to assume its now an objective fact that its not shit.

there are alot of oscar winning films i hate doesn't mean people like them because critics like it.

If you want irony try the fact that YOU started the insults in this thread.

Did I where?

Sorry but saying So and so is shit is an opinion.

No, saying 'I think its shit because...' is an opinion, saying 'its shit' is an absolute, a statement of fact.

you miss the point about opinions on subjective matters. genius maybe humble no

And yet you are the one missing the point and not understand the basics of the English lannguage. Funny that.

there are alot of oscar winning films i hate doesn't mean people like them because critics like it.

Again, Smallville won awards from public votes as well as from critics choices.

Did I where?

Here, where you say:

But you like trying to prove people wrong while holding your own opinion up as fact you should really looking into that' date=' its a bad character trait.[/quote']

Insulting someones character = insult. :good222:

Boy did I pick the wrong time to post a picture of an attractive girl with her arse out!

And a very nice arse it was too.

On the subject of ladies filling out the Wonder Woman costume nicely, Katie Perry anyone? I'm not saying she'd be good, just if she wore the costume my downstairs would literally explode in a lustsplosion of catclysmic proportions. :D

She could pull...no, I'm gonna be an adult about this.

I dunno about Eliza (as much as I love her) she seems a bit too "bad girl" to play Wonder Woman?? How about Emily Deschanel from Bones? She's got the whole "statuesque Amazonian" vibe going on?

Guest Jayfunk
No, saying 'I think its shit because...' is an opinion, saying 'its shit' is an absolute, a statement of fact.

And yet you are the one missing the point and not understand the basics of the English lannguage. Funny that.

Again, Smallville won awards from public votes as well as from critics choices.

Here, where you say:

Insulting someones character = insult. :good222:

forgot IMHO silly me

How about Emily Deschanel from Bones? She's got the whole "statuesque Amazonian" vibe going on?

http://makeitsomarketing.tripod.com/PICDESCHANELWWFORBLOG.jpg

She could pull...no, I'm gonna be an adult about this.

I dunno about Eliza (as much as I love her) she seems a bit too "bad girl" to play Wonder Woman?? How about Emily Deschanel from Bones? She's got the whole "statuesque Amazonian" vibe going on?

Oh, good call.

forgot IMHO silly me

In which case dont get arsey when people disagree and provide facts to counter opinions.

edit: God yeah, I forgot that episode Inno.

Wonder if Joss Whedon will be treating it for TV (he wrote one of the many possible movie scripts). If it's him and Eliza, I look for it to be cancelled before it gets a chance to go anywhere.

I think Amy Acker could do Wonder Woman, she certainly was, um, interesting let's say, as Illyria. Also, Summer Glau would hardly be an eyesore.