Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

More main eventers please

The Icon

Yeah, what were WWE thinking pushing a monster like a monster. Assholes.

That is just fine when there are only a few monsters. But when you have tons of them they all start looking like the same character. There are other ways of pushing big men. Like Big Show when he was the comedy character.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not lesnars debut. It was ony his singles debut. He debuted in a tag match which I posted above somewhere.
1) That was Brock's televised WWE debut.

2) You haven't posted any videos of Brock in this thread.

Guest John Hancock
2) You haven't posted any videos of Brock in this thread.

He meant this one.

[YOUTUBE]Vp6bScw0oyk[/YOUTUBE]

Considering I can't be bothered to check the dates, I have no idea which one of you is right.

That's a dark match (hence why there's no commentary), so doesn't count as a debut. Orton's televised debut was against Hardcore Holly on Smackdown and Brock's televised debut was the day after WrestleMania X8. Edited by DC

Guest Dogfingers

I think where the struggle lies is in booking a credible face main eventer. Heels are easy, money in the bank with a flukey title win, playing the vunerable champion is a breeze. However when it comes to the good guys, they just can't seem to get anyone over and we're have seen the same faces for the last five years in the main event scene.

They are desperately trying with Morrison, bless him. I'm sure he'll end up with the title shot against The Miz at the Rumble, but the problem is the material he's given just doesn't suit his style and delivery. Morrison can talk and has a quirky character which needs to be unleashed. Feeding him lines like "You're a bully Sheamus" which is clearly out of his comfort zone isn't going to do him any favours. It's just not him. His stuff on the dirt sheet was brilliant, far superior to the Miz's toilet spiel. Some of this could work for him as a face character, he should still refer to himself as 'The Shaman of Sexy' and mention his abs. Currently though he's dull as dish water.

He's just one example anyway.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Absolutely, the main problem in terms of fan interest and emotional investment these days is the lack of babyfaces. Not a lack in numbers, but in a lack of babyfaces that people actually really like enough that they want them to win.

Cena is to a certain section of the audience. Jeff Hardy really was in his last WWE run. But thats about it. Is there any other babyface where you can imagine fans thinking "Yeah, I love this guy, I have to buy this PPV to see that he wins"? I certainly cant. And if you've lost that, its impossible to convince people to pay money.

Of course in turn, half of that problem is that results dont matter so people dont bother paying to see them, but its also that people just dont care as much about the guys.

Guest Jimmy Redman
No, I proved in the year before he had 9/12 PPV so had a claim he was a main eventer but its me so it was finger in your ears time and shout I AM RIGHT ;)

You are so full of sh*t Jay, and you must know it too. I remember our conversations about Joe clear as day, because when you have to repeat the same argument fifty times in a row trying to be understood, it makes an impression on one's memory. And our conversation went something like this:

Me: Usual blah blah about old guys main eventing TNA.

Jay: Joe is a main eventer.

Me: Maybe back when he was TNA Champ, he's back in the midcard now, he hardly counts.

Jay: Joe held the world title and main evented heaps of PPVs in 2008, he's a main eventer.

Me: Yeah, sure, that was then, but its mid 2009 now and he hasnt main evented since he lost the title almost 12 months ago, he's not a main eventer anymore.

Jay: Joe held the world title and main evented heaps of PPVs in 2008, he's a main eventer.

Me: He WAS, I'm talking about the present, and he's not now.

And so on until my brain literally hurt. But yeah you're right, I was probably just not listening to a word you said.

Cena is to a certain section of the audience. Jeff Hardy really was in his last WWE run. But thats about it. Is there any other babyface where you can imagine fans thinking "Yeah, I love this guy, I have to buy this PPV to see that he wins"? I certainly cant. And if you've lost that, its impossible to convince people to pay money.

Speaking of buying PPV's, going slightly off topic here but Survivor Series recently had my interest.

But WWE f***** the fans over big time?

Loads of fans bought Survivor Series with the idea that they'd either see Cena being fired (for at least a while) or a new champ in Barrett.

What happens? Neither. Now that's a screwjob right there. Why should we care about the product anymore if they convince us to care about a result and nothing happens.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I didnt think thats so bad in itself, MITB, thats something I like seeing on TV. I think it just came across really badly since it came the day after a PPV that didnt deliver on what it promised. Thats when that became a slap in the face to anyone who spent money.

So essentially I'm agreeing with you.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I dont think anyone was all that surprised, and its not about that. Its the fact that they cant expect people to spend money to see stips payed off and delivered if they continually dont deliver them. Its a reason why they cant get people to spend money on PPVs anymore.

I dont think anyone was all that surprised, and its not about that. Its the fact that they cant expect people to spend money to see stips payed off and delivered if they continually dont deliver them. Its a reason why they cant get people to spend money on PPVs anymore.

I dont think they give a ****t o be honest. Vince will do anything for a few extra buyrates. I think he would, and does sometimes, screw over every fan just to sell a few extra tickets.

True. But next time Vince and co will try to come up with another reason to make you buy tickets.

Yeah but the fans won't buy it next time because they've been screWWEd over already.

It is neither the first time, nor will be the last time, WWE did not honour a stip. Frankly anybody who thought they should should have known this might happen

Unlike every other wrsetling company ever? :lol

But seriously, its not a 'WWE' problem, its an industry problem.

Guest Ciaran The King
Unlike every other wrsetling company ever? :lol

But seriously, its not a 'WWE' problem, its an industry problem.

So how do you solve a industry wide problem, what is the solution to the problems with wrestling in 2010.