Fan Clubs | beta

What's your favorite online games?

Guest PhillyFe

Guest PhillyFe
Who wants to go first? Well I guess I'll go. Mine so far would have to be Call of Duty: Black Ops. The online play can really get you going, you feel as if your actually out there battling it out, and in a nut shell the experience is good.

Guest John Hancock
I tend not to play games online all that much, but all of the Call of Duty's are good for a laugh if you manage to avoid the people who take it too seriously, and I quite like the odd game of FIFA. I used to really like playing Empire: Total War online, but for some reason, moving to America messed my Steam account up and now I can't play PC games online.

I am yet to find one other than Black Ops that covers all bases. And if I'm being honest, I despise Black Ops online, but it's the closest one I have to what I really want to play.

Goldeneye on the Wii was damn close, but Black Ops has a better weapon list and points system. Take the weapons and XP from Black ops and combine it with the levels, characters and gameplay from Goldeneye and that is a game I could play all day.

Left4dead 2 has some decent options, but they get old quick. AVP had some decent options, but they got old quick. Duke Nukem forever was terrible, I spent ten minutes on it then came off, and haven't been back on since.

Guest Jaycey Baby

Quake 3's still the daddy of online FPSs when it comes to pure twitch skill, in my opinion.

Can't you play it in a browser as Quake Live these days?

I've been playing Terraria with a couple of friends online. It's pretty fun, plus I got it for free.

I still occasionally play WoW and I used to play a hell of a lot of Halo: Reach when it first came out. It's probably the best shooter I've played online, mainly because I am/was pretty decent at it.

Hey Reno, are you looking forward to Halo 4 or MW3?

Halo 4 will be interesting, but I don't know if it could top Halo: Reach. I'm looking forward to the HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved though, will be interesting to play the original with the Reach engine. As for MW3, I've never really enjoyed the MW games online, but I'll most likely get the game when it's cheap to play through the single player.

Guest Jamster26

I play tactics arena when I'm abit bored. It's like a war version of chess but the moving area for each unit is different, as is, the attack range for each unit.

You can upgrade units and choose different ones, in order to "fit " your tactics / strategy.

For example, I prefer to sit back and wait for the poor sod to get in range for my thunder cage.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking and I don't care.

I'd recommend it.

http://tacticsarena.com/

Edited by Jamster26

Halo 4 will be interesting, but I don't know if it could top Halo: Reach. I'm looking forward to the HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved though, will be interesting to play the original with the Reach engine.

Yeah the remake looks fabulous. Dunno if I can bear to part with £40 just for that though. Although, the first encounter with the flood should be pretty spectacular...

Yeah the remake looks fabulous. Dunno if I can bear to part with £40 just for that though. Although, the first encounter with the flood should be pretty spectacular...

Yeah, the first bit with the Flood is one of the reasons I'm really interested in it. I LOVED the first Halo, not so much 2 or 3 though, so part of me wants to shell out the £40 but I'll probably just wait until it's a little cheaper.

Guest PhillyFe
Yeah, the first bit with the Flood is one of the reasons I'm really interested in it. I LOVED the first Halo, not so much 2 or 3 though, so part of me wants to shell out the £40 but I'll probably just wait until it's a little cheaper.
I haven't played any of the Halo games yet. But, I was thinking that when I do I'd probably start with Halo: Reach. What do you guys think? Edited by PhillyFe

Halo: Reach is a good place to start, as it's a prequel to the Halo series, after that you should maybe wait for the HD Remake of the first game, Halo: Combat Evolved. I personally wasn't a fan of Halo 2 or 3, but they're probably worth a play but both will feel increibly dated compared to Reach and CE HD.

Guest PhillyFe
Halo: Reach is a good place to start, as it's a prequel to the Halo series, after that you should maybe wait for the HD Remake of the first game, Halo: Combat Evolved. I personally wasn't a fan of Halo 2 or 3, but they're probably worth a play but both will feel increibly dated compared to Reach and CE HD.

Halo:Reach does seem like a good place to start. Also, thanks for the heads up on the CE HD. :)

Guest Nevermind27
Black ops or any cod really no other online game feels as complete as the series also left 4 dead and I actually got into medal of honor its not that bad when you get the hang of it