Fan Clubs | beta

Gaming Embarrassments.

Guest Dave7g

Guest Dave7g

Let's hear some of your lowest, most dispicable gaming facts about yourself. Don't be shy. I'll start shall I?

I have yet to finish Halo 3, after 4 years of ownership.

Same goes for Gears of War.

Instead of sending a RROD xbox back to Microsoft, I just bought a new one because I couldn't be without one for that long.

I once sold 20 PS2 games so I could go drinking on New Years Eve.

I have at least 10,000 roms spread over a few computers.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have not finished Gears 1, for some reason I couldn't be chuffed to do it despite blasting through number 2.

I also have not finished GTA IV, this after owning the game for two and a bit years and there are at least three or four games in my collection I have never even bothered playing, despite buying them in the first place.

Also I never ever enjoyed 3D platformers, I hate them and think that Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2 and Mario 64 (and it's successors) are the most over rated games of all time.

Never completed any of the GTA games.

Only played Fallout 3 once and hated it, everyone seems to adore it.

I think the Halo series is the most overrated ever, it's just to cartoon'y and all the weapons are rubbish.

I always thought the Megadrive was way better than the SNES.

I have yet to install Oblivion, despite owning it for years.

Despite my love for Final Fantasy, I have yet to finish FF9, FF10, FF10-2 and FF12 because I always get right near the end, leave it so I can finish the side stuff off, and never, ever do. At least, on most of them. FF9 and FF12, I've never really got more than half way through (on a number of occasions) before getting distracted again.

I have yet to play FF13, despite owning it for almost a year.... because I've told myself I can't play it until I finish Fallout 3.

Speaking of Fallout 3, add that to the list of games I've not completed.... oh, and GTA 4 as well (last mission though). Arkham Asylum too(not started it yet). Red Dead Redemption too. In fact, let's just get this out there, I'm a chronic non-starter and non-finisher when it comes to games.

For someone who views themselves as a gamer, I spend less time playing games than I could. Still more than most people, but way, way down on what I used to.

If my brother and I had worked all the hours we spent playing Guild Wars, we could have bought a house in cash....

Edited by etz

Guest Maximinn

Oh man I have like a million of these. My friend shouts at me about them all the time.

I've never played any Final Fantasy game, any GTA game before 4, any Uncharted game, Red Dead Redemption, Ico, Shadow of the Collossus or any Zelda game made before Twilight Princess (I'm playing on Ocarina of Time for the 3DS at the moment though). I think Goldeneye on the N64 is a bit rubbish. I think Resident Evil was better before 4 came out. I like the 3D Sonic games better than the old 2D ones...

The list goes on. :lol

I'm with etz, I have Crysis 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Bioshock and Castlevania that I have yet to start, despite them all being bought ages ago (Crysis is the newest and that was March, I think)!

I find myself going back to the same games to play rather than starting new ones. Not only that, but I often check out the online options before the campaign, despite the fact I believe that the online part should not be the selling point of the game.

I'm also very quick to judge, I played Gears Of War for roughly 10 minutes, decided I didn't like it, despite only throwing one grenade and killing about two locusts, and sold it. Only to buy it back again a year later and absolutely love it! I re-bought Assassins Creed last week after doing the same thing.

Guest Dave7g
I can't seem to trade in games anymore, they have to be absolutley despised to get traded. FIFA 11 and Modern Warfare 2 were the last ones. I have far too many games on my shelves.

Instead of sending a RROD xbox back to Microsoft, I just bought a new one because I couldn't be without one for that long.

I did this too. Mine went about a week before the Halo 3 release, so instead of waiting to get the old one fixed, I went and bought a Core console 'cause I still had birthday money left.

I then replaced this still perfectly working Xbox 360 with the limited edtion Halo: Reach Xbox 360 slim console AND bought Halo: Reach Legendary edition.

I've also owned Mass Effect a total of four times - once on release, collectors edition, but traded it in. The the normal one, and traded it in, and then the Xbox Classics version... which I still have AND I bought it in the Steam sale. Despite this, I haven't completed the story even once.

I dislike platform games, and have done since I was a child, as I'm shit at them.

I get bored of games easily and most of the time I never finish them.

I have a few.

I prefer ps1 games than ps3

I will sell and buy back the same games 6 times

I only pretend to like popular games that I actually hate. (Halo series is shit GOW series is terrible shit.)

I would rather buy/DL an illegal 360/ps3 game than pay for one in a shop. (Too expensive is my somewhat lame excuse.)

Despite what everyone says, I couldn't stand Final Fantasy 8 and was happy to swap it for some crappy detective game.

I bought a load of gamecube games when I got my Wii, I only played 2 of them.

I tend to browse the cheap aisle at the supermarkets for little gems, my whole assassins creed experience cost me less than the first game.

I find second hand games dirty and I cannot buy a pre-owned game.

If it has Star Wars stuck on the front of it, you can probably guarantee I'll buy it (Masters of Teras Kasi anyone?)

I am sh*t at Mario and have only just finished Sonic after realising that the key to Sonic is to not actually go fast at all...

Despite vowing never to play another WWE wrestling game again, I was tempted back by Smackdown v Raw 2010, I vowed never to play another WWE wrestling game again.

I refuse to finish Fallout 3 and Oblivion because I like being in the world so much.

I have an obsession with the old 80s game "They Stole a million" yet when I play it, it becomes so frickin' frustrating, I lose interest, but you can bet next year...

I want a remake of "Rockstar ate my hamster!"

Despite what everyone says, I couldn't stand Final Fantasy 8 and was happy to swap it for some crappy detective game.

This but change 8 to 7 which is the most over rated of FF games and was never that good to begin with. I also swapped it for a game that turned out to be crap but was happy to swap it.

Guest Anime Otaku
The only game I have all the achievements for on my XB360 is Fight Night Round 3 or 4 (forget which) all you need to do is play through on easy, winning all title/sponsored matches, go up a weight class or 2 until you can get to Greatest Of All Time then retire.