Fan Clubs | beta

Grand Theft Auto 5...

ViciousPrism

Finally. FI-NA-LLY! Rockstar have confirmed what we all knew - GTA V is in development and even better, there's a reveal trailer due to hit on November 2nd.

The excitement levels in GamesRadar UK Towers is palpable. There are fist-pumps, two 'whoops' and a claim of some sex wee creeping out - all of this over a bloody logo. But that's what a new Grand Theft Auto can do to a completely sane person.

What does the logo suggest? Well, the first guess is money. The green of the V and the font of the Five means the next game will be all about the Benjamins. This is obvious as all GTAs are like this though, right?

We're not saying that Rockstar definitely read our GTA V feature from last week and now have the final pieces of their next game in place thanks to the genius ideas of GRUK but it is a rather large coincidence. Maybe.

CREDIT: GamesRadar

Uh-ohhhh....

Guest John Hancock

I approve! Bring on the plot revelations. We've had Italian-Americans in New York and New Jersey, Latin-Americans in Miami, African-Americans in California and Nevada and Eastern Europeans in New York. Gunna be interesting what's next.

Word on the streets (wikipedia) is that it's going to be a completely new city. If Liberty City is New York City, Vice City is Miami, Los Santos is Los Angeles, San Fierro is San Francisco and Las Venturas is Las Vegas, then there really aren't that many distinctly interesting places in America left to go. Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, Boston and other high crime north-eastern cities like that would be too much like Liberty City to be interesting and western cities like San Diego, Oakland or Stockton would be too much like San Andreas. The only way I can see it staying in America is by moving down south to places like Georgia, Tennessee, Texas and Missouri, which would pretty much force it to be a black street crime thing like GTA: San Andreas was. Either that, or they're leaving America.

Or just Wikipedia is wrong, and they end up rebooting Vice City.

Or they'll do something really disappointing and make so random nondescript nameless city like the Mafia games do that isn't a particular parody of anywhere.

EDIT: Just having a little look around, every half-credible rumour I can find (all of them effectively baseless, obviously) is saying it'll be a reboot of Los Santos from GTA: San Andreas, but on a much bigger scale, and without the other two cities.

Edited by John Hancock

It they went to somewhere like Texas, they could go with the whole oil baron crime lord/ hillbilly mafia type thing.

Also, I wouldn't mind an Italian American story in Chicago, it's been over 10 years since GT3.

Edited by etz

Guest John Hancock
The only problem with Chicago is that it's basically little New York. The architecture, climate, geography and street lay out is pretty much the same, just with more boring buildings and basically no recognisable landmarks.

I heard a rumour that they were going to go European after the next version, so I would think it was set in America. Unless the "next" version was the russian one.

I don't know how to feel about this, because GTA 3 and Vice City were awesome, but I didn't enjoy San Andreas or 4 much. O'll probably buy it and give it a shot regardless just out of curiosity. I'd like to see it outside of America, just to make it a bit different.

I liked the Getaway concept of doing it in London, but didn't care for the game much so I wouldn't object to a better GTA London.

I don't know how to feel about this, because GTA 3 and Vice City were awesome, but I didn't enjoy San Andreas or 4 much.

Whaaaaaaat? You didn't love the concept of being chased by the cops whilst you were on a BMX???

Have you never seen BMX bandits? Do you not know that I (and most likely a lot of the game designers) were kids back then? Did you not know that transformers came out in the same year, as did the original Footloose, perhaps the greatest soundtrack ever (Yes, it even has Loggins)!

[video=youtube;vwPbdYE9tZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwPbdYE9tZY&feature=fvst

[video=youtube;gm66gjL67VY]

[video=youtube;z4wyQAbinXA]

Man! You 19-year olds know nuffin'! :)

All that game needed was a water slide to go down to finish off the homage to the era.

*Edit* 1984 greatest year of my life!

Edited by Saz

:lol

I'll give you that, there were definite highlights, but the whole keeping yourself in shape and stuff was a bit over the top for me. Shall we say, Vice City with BMX's, the perfect combo Saz?

Edit: That original Transformers advert is terrific though!

Guest Clarkey
As John already said the rumour mongerers seem to have already set it in stone that the game is set in Las Venturas. The logo doing the rounds with the impression of a green dollar bill on the five which I guess helps to cement that notion. I have to say though, because of the green my first thought was Boston. I'm actually more interested in what lead they go with; could they really push the boat to get a talking point and go with a female lead, or even some sort of co-op tandem lead?

If it's not as realistic and shoving gritty "realism" down my neck like GTA 4 did, I'd be a happy camper. It's exactly why I feel that right now Saints Row is better than GTA. Rockstar took too long to make GTA 4 fun(ish) with Ballad of Gay Tony, whereas Saints Row is over the top from the outset, especially SR3.

Your move, Rockstar.