Fan Clubs | beta

Grand Theft Auto 5...

ViciousPrism

Guest Clarkey

Yeah t'was a typo on my part. First impression is that it's looking good graphically, good progression from IV, and a nice teaser. Rather be left wanting more than getting over excited over some over baked trailer promising loads then offering little of it, like a Peter Molyneux E3 speech.

Just had a gander at Neogaf to see how the keyboard warriors are getting with their ranting and a few of the guys there have noticed '2405' appearing alot in the trailer (On the curb in the for sale sign scene, on side of delivery van among others), so looking like a early hint at a release date.

Edited by Clarkey

Typo or not, Clarkey's rumour was right. Los Santos and Las Venturas are part of the same vicinity, being they're both part of GTA: San Andreas. To me, going by license plates and the oil well, San Andreas as a whole will be the setting. It'll be interesting to see considering GTA 3 era Liberty City had pretty much nothing to do with GTA 4 Liberty City.

Guest Jaycey Baby

It's looking very much like an iterative improvement on IV to me, rather than the big leap between 2 and 3, and from 3 to 4. Which is a little disappointing, but then there's only so far they'll be able to go on the current gen of console hardware. Here's hoping for a PC version more in line with what's offered by the GTAIV photorealism mod.

Still, a lot of little improvements could go far - I'm hoping for branching storylines, and more realistic AI. Hope they keep the handheld cam thing from the trailer too.