Fan Clubs | beta

Assasian's Creed 3

BRM

Assassin's Creed 3 will be set in Colonial America, according to purported promotional material for the game.

A Best Buy tipster sent Kotaku an image of what appears to be promotional material for Assassin's Creed 3. The image shows an Assassin's Creed-looking hooded character wielding a tomahawk, arrows, and a gun in front of the Continental flag.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations wrapped up Ezio's story, indicating the franchise would shift its focus to a new protagonist in Assassin's Creed 3.

Adding credibility to Best Buy's leaked art, the GameStop-owned Game Informer magazine also reportedly leaked similar-looking art for Assassin's Creed 3. Toastervision grabbed an image of a hub for Assassin's Creed III (which has since been pulled), showing the hooded character alongside first United States president George Washington.

The Best Buy tipster also indicated that Assassin's Creed 3 will be unveiled officially on March 5, with preorder bonuses also detailed on that day. A reveal on March 5 coincides with the 2012 Game Developers Conference, which runs March 5-9 in San Francisco.

Assassin's Creed III is due for release on October 30. Company CEO Yves Guillemot predicted it would be "the biggest launch in Ubisoft history."

As of press time, Ubisoft had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment.]

This has just been posted on the Assasain's Creed Facebook page

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/claretjay/422433_10150594293533068_6119163067_9102678_2093581204_n.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random related question, I've been thinking about getting the Assassin's Creed game starting from the beginning, what games would you most liken them to? From the looks of them I thought GTA but I could be very wrong...

Guest Anime Otaku
They're kinda they're own thing really, maybe a combination of Prototype for the open world and free running (though to a less OTT extent) and Metal Gear Solid or maybe Syphon Filter sneaking, but with long range taking a back seat, actually the Batman: Arkham * games might be a better comparison, though the fighting isn't as polished to start with.

• 3 weeks later...

I've completed AC1, AC2 and AC Brotherhood in the last few weeks and have AC Revelations arriving soon. All of them have been really good fun, a combination of great gameplay and an entertaining if a bit wacky storyline(s).

My favourite thing though is the fact that Nolan North made absolutely no attempt to differentiate his voice between Nathan Drake and Desmond Miles. He must have the easiest job in the world.

Imagine if this manages to be Red Dead with free running, George Washington and evil british red coats? It would be up there with the best of all time - seriously for me anyway.

When I saw the trailer for this on the Gamestation website the other day I almost slapped down my pre-order straight away - then I remember that Gamestation will be dead in a month so stopped myself, but the fact remains that come whatever I will own this game.

I actually think it would be better if the Desmond storyline wasn't just so ridiculously OTT. I've just finished Revelations and I literally have no idea what is going on having played through all four games, so how are newcomers going to be able to get into AC3?

Guest Ciaran The King
Bought Revelation back in December and still haven't played it yet, I've played the previous 3 games it Revelation's as good?

I'd say it's probably the weakest of the AC2 series, there's a new bomb crafting thing which does absolutely nothing for me and a den defence mini-game where you have to move troops into places to defend against invaders and you can't go down and slaughter people yourself.

It's still a decent game that's worth playing, and I expect you'll need to if you want to have a chance of understanding AC3.

Best thing about Revelations is if you're fairly sensible while playing it, you'll only need to do one den defence.

It's a good game to tie up Ezio's storyline, but all that first person stuff describing what happened to Desmond is...well...bobbins to be frank. Either let me play as Desmond, or don't. Don't make me rearrange geometric shapes in a first person view for no real reason.

Pfft.

• 1 month later...

[video=youtube;EiVJG_mrtFo]

The first gameplay trailer. This animal hunting thing is really annoying me, I can't see what it adds to the game in the slightest, other than to satisfy the disturbing lust of teenagers to brutally murder animals.

• 5 months later...