Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

PlayStation

PS4 to be announed today?

Guest Jamster26

Guest Jamster26

Agreed.

I am genuinly excited about this. I love it when a new console is introduced. I'm a kid again.

I've had an Xbox for years but it might be time for a change!

Some PS4 news from yesterday,

PlayStation 4 will not require a constant internet connection, it has been confirmed.

The PlayStation 4 has been officially announced by Sony.

Confirmed at the PS4 event in New York, the console will support new business models such as free-to-play and will launch during the 2013 holiday season.

Compared to a "supercharged PC", the PS4 features an x86 CPU, enhanced PC GPU and 8GB RAM, and will be easier to develop for than the PS3.

The DualShock 4 controller, which was leaked before the event, appears similar in design to the standard PS3 controller, except for a touch pad, share button, and light bar that acts like a PlayStation Move.

There is also a new Light Bar accessory that tracks the controller.

The PlayStation 4 will not have native backwards compatibility with games from past Sony systems.

During Sony's PS4 announcement event, Gaikai head Dave Perry said that the new console will not offer native support for PS3 games out of the box

Guest Jayfunk
yay the thing with that is simple killing the second hand market doesn't increase sales of actual 40 quid games as most people getting a 5 pound game will not pay for it and will wait and secondly it reduces the early adopters of the console as they will be less likely to trade in the PS3 for it

Actually, it's been said that selected PS3 games will be streamed via PSN, not run on the PS4.

So I'm guessing that's gonna be one of the new perks of being a PSPlus member?

Its ok by me as i am a collector

Yeah except the generic PS2 and PS3 has no real collectible value. If you've got a special edition version of the consoles, then sure, as it stands your PS2 is probably worth about £20 if it's in good shape.

Guest John Hancock
Surely if there is no backwards compatibility, this means GTA will be released on the PS4?

Maybe on both. I doubt Sony will be stubborn enough to release the biggest game of the year on a console no one's going to buy, but, then again, we all remember how PS3 started.

Guest The Beltster
Always nice to get new console options, the PS3 and 360 have been around for a long time now but I still think there's plenty of life left in both.

I haven't seen anything in the, albeit somewhat limited information that we have already that makes me want to run out and by the PS4 straight away. I'll probably keep my PS3 a decent while and let the four come down in value a bit before I inevitably cave and get one.

As long is GTA is out on the PS3 though. That'll be pretty crucial to me, and I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. I mean, isn't it supposed to be out in September? And the PS4 not til later?

Edit: Yeah, the Rockstar site says it'll be on the PS3 and 360 in September when its released.

Guest Jayfunk
So I'm guessing that's gonna be one of the new perks of being a PSPlus member?

Yeah except the generic PS2 and PS3 has no real collectible value. If you've got a special edition version of the consoles, then sure, as it stands your PS2 is probably worth about £20 if it's in good shape.

who said i was collecting for value, no i want a f*ck off game room like the angry video game nerd