Fan Clubs | beta

MMO Games

Kam

Just wondering how many of you play these and how much you are spending on them?

The reason I ask is because in the last month I've bought memberships for Eve Online, Minecraft and Club Penguin, all for different nephews. It seems like they're spending most of their free time on these now. They must have spent hundreds of pounds over the past few years solely on MMO games.

I don't really play video games, when I was younger I used to go on Wireplay along with my brother and we played Age of Empires etc...but we never spent a huge amount on the games. Although thinking back I remember we got some pretty hefty phone bills, this was back in the dial-up days! :lol

Guest John Hancock
The demo of Eve online was kinda fun, but wasn't worth the money to me. I tried WoW on a free trial a couple of times and couldn't think of anything less fun. Thought the Warhammer game was a thousand times better, but still a bit meh. I prefer single player games it seems.

I've played DCUO (once it became ftp with microtransactions), Perfect World, GW 1&2, and will probably play both Defiance and Neverwinter at some point, maybe Elder Scrolls Online too.

Notice the trend there, I don't do subscription games.

I played Runescape for a bit on several different occasions but never actually accomplished much in it.

If a Pokémon MMO ever comes out I'll be all over that, until then I'll give MMOs a miss. I can understand why they've become such a powerful fixture in the video games market though.

These days the ride of the single payment/F2p MMO has altered the market massively. WoW lost another 1.3 million subs last quarter and I think the days of the subscription MMO are coming to the end. SW:TOR had to go F2P and is pronbably better off for it. Guild Wars 2 is still for my streets above most MMORPG's but look at stuff like Planetside 2 or World of Tanks that are MMOFPS. Eve never intersted me because it sounds too much like a real job than a game. Minecraft looks fun but I get annoyed at games with no server browser to make multiplayer gaming easier.

Guest Anime Otaku
World of Tanks isn't an MMO, good game though, pity my laptop sucks, still fun to watch vids and livestreams though.