Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones - General

Maxximus

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I wonder if there's a point where they'll just start doing their own thing with the characters, like The Walking Dead. Or maybe Martin has a time frame in his head, and knows the books will end before the show catches up.

He's said in interviews that he's really nervous because the show's moving so fast. It's one of the reasons they're not doing book= season, and trying to cut up the books into multiple seasons. There's plenty of source material to use while Martin gets his ass in gear and starts pumping those books out.

I doubt he knows how it will end, the planned series of books has already been extended and he has no idea when the next book with be out and only has committed that he has a chapter for something like five characters in total 'done'.

I think series four will take us up to the middle of the fourth book - that leaves two and a half books left which granted gives you a lot of material but given the size and pacing of the material it may make it quite hard to form a coherent television show out of it.

Also the writers have already changed bits here and there already - The bride of Robb Stark for a start and a bunch of other stuff I don't want to spoil for those either catching up on the series OR reading the books.

Have you read the books or seen the show, G-Man(I assume you have but thought polite to ask)? If so what do you think in general? Most people who've read the books that I've talked too like the show but of course have issues, some more than others.

I've read up to book three and as much as I like 'em, I really like the show too despite some of the obviously differences.

Own and read all of the books, in fact only just finished book six this past weekend. I started by watching the show and after seeing up to halfway into series three I came across the whole set on sale and I couldn't help myself.

It was really interesting going over the same subject but picking up on the sometimes tiny differences and then frowning at some other larger ones. The addition of Ros I didn't mind, but to be fair, would any red blooded male? The bit that has annoyed me is how the show and books differ on King Robert's b***ard children.

Yeah the bastards is one that got me too but I understand why they did what they did for the sake of the show. Just like any novel to movie/tv show they can't always fit in as many characters as you'd like.

One thing I hope they do in the show soon:

*** minor spoiler but enter at your own risk***

Give us some Howland Reed!!!

Guest dpddave

No strong Belwas in the show makes me sad.

They also killed a couple of characters in season 2 that are still alive and kicking in the books, one of them even had a decent role to play in terms of one of the major characters story development in the last book which makes the killing even more strange.

Tyrions friend/knight/guy who kinda looks like christopher eccleston is hilarious.

I do love Bronn.
I still struggle to believe that it's Jerome from Robson & Jerome playing him.

[video=youtube_share;r5V8ecsrxeY]

[video=youtube_share;S_Qon-Udlhw]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mark Gatiss is a busy man, he's been cast in Season 4.

Daario Naharis has also been recast, he will now be played by Michiel Huisman in the coming season, for those who don't know this is what the guy looks like...

http://i.imgur.com/qBHfQ4j.jpg

Compared to Ed Skrein who looked like this whilst playing Daario to those not in the know...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FCr-biy8iXI/Ua0jg7fhAnI/AAAAAAAB50I/Xqt-0etx9UA/s640/a8xfJ.png

Edited by Maxximus

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock
Dany looks a little bit stoned in that picture, or is it just me?

And no I don't mean is it me being stoned, pfft.

Just because I like ruining people's dreams, I just this second saw where that picture was from. It's a charity commercial where she has to cry, hence the pink eyes and the weird euphoric, peaceful look.

If you want a really sexy picture, from the same thing;

http://www.simonrawles.co.uk/data/photos/160_1actress_emilia_clarke__samaritans_ad_campaign.jpg