PC Gaming

King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Jamster26
Anyone tried the new Oblivion game for PC? Really tempted to get it but not sure if I could devote enough time to both that and Guild Wars.

• 1 month later...

Steam summer sale is now on, some seriously good deals going on. Picked up about 6-7 games for either less than a fiver or less than a tenner. Skyrim, GTA SA and IV, Farcy 2 and 3, Gmod.

Payday 2 is currently £4.59 and is a great game that's easy to get into and good fun to play.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting....

PC Dominates Gaming Hardware Sales

PC gaming has expanded its lead over consoles in the hardware market, and may safely be called "dominant" in the industry, according to a recent study by John Peddie Research.

The study found the PC gaming market is worth $21.5 billion USD - over twice the size of its competitors in the console industry. The report took into account market sales of personal computers, accessories, upgrades, and other such form of hardware used for gaming purposes. Senior Gaming Analyst Ted Pollak says it's being driven by both casual gamers moving to mobile platforms, and by more hardcore gamers who desire gaming experiences not available through console technology.

Jon Peddie, President of JPR, attributes part of the success of the PC hardware market simply to more advanced technology:

"Nvidia, Intel, and AMD have enthusiast CPUs and GPUs that are so powerful, when combined with SSD's and fast memory, they absolutely trounce the computing power and gaming capabilities of the newest console generation,” and that “committed PC gamers...are power users and pay thousands for the ability to play games at very high settings.”

It's not surprising really, if Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft built one standard platform they could all produce games for and all users could play against all the other users then it would be massive. As long as there is a choice in console hardware the market just doesn't have the power the PC has in being able to unite players.

Imagine if World of Warcraft suddenly said it was only going to run on NVidia GPU's?! The game would die on it's arse within weeks.

Pc's are superior for pretty much any multiplayer games, be they fps, strategy or mmorpgs. I love my console, but if it was a straight choice of a new highend gaming pc or a console, I'd probably pick the PC.

• 2 months later...
I think Hearthstone is incredibly well balanced given how new it is. There's more than enough depth for an experienced card player but the card synergies aer nice and simple and obvious enough for a newbie to dive right in. The Naxx content they released was good as well, if a little over-priced.