Fan Clubs | beta

Assassin's Creed Unity

DC

http://i58.tinypic.com/21c8fme.jpg

Set amidst the French Revolution (1789 - 1799) and boasting the first multiplayer story experience, this looks absolutely stunning and another step in wiping the bad taste of Assassin's Creed III.

[video=youtube_share;xzCEdSKMkdU]

[video=youtube_share;k1xnPueOR6o]

[video=youtube;muy3PaaETKs]

[video=youtube_share;3OjVQBpQSEU]

I'm not sold. Every year AC makes promises with these videos that they never quite pay off on. I'm totally prepared to wait until this is on sale before I even think about buying it.
Only Assassin's Creed III was below par (at least for me).

The Ezio Chronicles (ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations) were all great and Black Flag was a fantastic game, especially when you were just sailing around being a pirate and doing all the side missions.

As only ACIII has sucked, I have no worries about this game worthy of a purchase.

I loved the Ezio games, as they actually had some sort of coherent plot running through them, and I didn't even mind all the Desmond stuff.

They lost me at ACIII, and I hated the whole sailing around being a pirate stuff from ACIV. It was okay to begin with, but it got really old, really fast.

I think I'm most likely just gonna go back and run through 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations again.

• 1 month later...
Anyone else notice that a completely different game, AC: Rogue, will be coming out on the previous generation of consoles in the 360 and PS3?
It was announced a while ago that there would be two games; one for the current-gen and one for last-gen.

Assassin's Creed: Rogue is set between AC3 and AC4 and has you as an former-Assassin-turned-Templar who hunts other Assassins, while Assassin's Creed: Unity is set in the French Revolution.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The only problem I found with the sailing in Black Flag was of how repetitive combat could get, but even then that was a pretty minor issue I felt. Sailing around listening to your crew singing Sea Shanties as you decided which ship to plunder next was one of the best experiences I had in the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Assassin's Creed has only let me down once with Assassin's Creed 3 (and Liberation - but maybe that's just because I got too into other games to really get stuck into that one) so I'm buzzed for all these games.

I didn't particularly like AC3 and didn't get AC4 when it was revealed that it was even more sailing and even more fending off random animal attacks.

Then I saw that AC Unity was entirely city based and I got it, very glad I did because it's just like the old AC games I loved where exploration was just as much fun as fighting.

The only issue I had was that the single player mission story was really short, I guess that's what you have to expect with annual releases.