Fan Clubs | beta

Is South Park overrated?

Guest Jayfunk

Guest Jayfunk
I don't get the south park love myself, its been going on sooooo long and outside the film its been meh, it has its moments but never been that much of a fan of it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the south park love myself, its been going on sooooo long and outside the film its been meh, it has its moments but never been that much of a fan of it.

See, conversely I MUCH prefer South Park over Simpsons and Family Guy. South Park had a serious downturn around Season 3 (when they started doing the whole "special guest" nonsense), but as soon as they took production completely under South Park Studios (around Season 6) it's been amazing again. Scott Tenorman Must Die set a precedent for them, and they've been on a roll ever since.

I'd go into my favourite episodes, but I'd be here all day listing them off.

Really? The send ups of Kanye have been two of the best things I have ever seen on TV. In any format.

NSFW

[video=youtube;3tdXPzoYp0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tdXPzoYp0k

"B*tch, how you not the Hobbit?" :lol

Let's appreciate Kanye's genius a little more:

[video=youtube;LRLyxjZtkzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLyxjZtkzY

[video=youtube;Z26xPS8fYdE]

:lol

EDIT: Oh sh*t, they actually did a full version of the gay fish song!

***NSFW Motherflippers***

[video=youtube;Wece0jIghJY]

Edited by dsrchris

Guest Edgehead
I've never been that keen on it, I've seen the odd episode that really made me laugh but I mostly just find it watchable. I don't dislike it, its just not something I ever go out of my way to watch.

Guest Magic
Love South Park, regularly watch old episodes when there's nothing else on. Same goes with Family Guy though, I like them both equally. I don't mind American Dad but have seen nowhere near all the episodes like I have with the other two, and I haven't seen a Simpsons episode for about a decade.

"B*tch, how you not the Hobbit?" :lol

I thought Jay might have been on to something since I haven't bothered to watch south Park in years then I watched that Kanye hobbit clip and realized how pointless this thread is. :lol

Guest John Hancock
I thought Jay might have been on to something since I haven't bothered to watch south Park in years then I watched that Kanye hobbit clip and realized how pointless this thread is. :lol

It got a lost it a little bit because it got too political, but now it's more just social stuff and the media. The "Nigger Guy" episode, the Treyvon Martin thing, James Cameron trying to raise the bar for society, they've been really funny, and really on point, socially, for a few seasons now.

There's also a Game of Thrones episode about next gen games consoles which seems right up your ally Maxx.

[video=youtube;sz2DNYa-lbQ]

South Park is probably the funniest thing on TV that's not Robot Chicken most weeks. I like Family Guy and American Dad, but they're not as good as South Park. Also, outside of the Roadtrip specials, American Dad is better than Family Guy.

Game of Thrones? Damn, son, that's all you had to say! I'll be catching up on South Park now for sure. Yes, I'm that much of a mark. Bite me.

Also, outside of the Roadtrip specials, American Dad is better than Family Guy.

I haven't cared for Family Guy in a few years now. I still watch it but it's not as good as it was. American Dad is so much better. So much so I'll actually go out of my way to watch older episodes over and over again. It's the only thing Seth MacFarlane has done that I really have any interest in. Personally I can't stand the guy and will insult him any chance I get. I'm a firm believer that he's a gay. No straight man loves show tunes that much.

Guest John Hancock

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h64/theolon/RIPPatrice.png

Isn't he banging Dragon Lady from Game of Thrones?

South Park is the only "old" cartoon series that is still funny. Simpsons isn't, Family Guy stopped being about a season ago, American Dad is NEVER funny under any circumstances.

The only other show that I think has remained as consistently good or even got better was Futurama and that got cancelled still.

Was medical fried chicken the one where the guys were bouncing about on their nutsacks?

The fact that sentence can exist and make sense is proof enough that South Park is great.

Guest John Hancock
Was medical fried chicken the one where the guys were bouncing about on their nutsacks?

The fact that sentence can exist and make sense is proof enough that South Park is great.

Yeah, that's another great one, and a future Maxx favourite, if only just for Stan's Dad, with his massive balls in a wheelbarrow singing "Buffalo Soldier" in a Jamaican accent.

Guest The Beltster
I remember loving the first 2 seasons and then literally never watching it ever again for no apparent reason. Now watching even those 2 old seasons I dont find it that funny. I guess the humour of 19 year old me is different to the humour of 35 year old me.

Guest John Hancock
I don't find any of the old seasons funny any more either, even though I loved them as a kid. For me now, 2006 is about the earliest I can take, but, after like 2009, it's pretty much all hits.