Fan Clubs | beta

Too Soon for Remasters?

ViciousPrism

Guest Jayfunk
A remastered version of Streets of Rage or Golden Axe could be good.

ALTERED BEASTS!

Can you count the Monkey Island special editions that came with "Tales Of Monkey Island" as remasters? Same game just fancier graphics and in some cases, redone voice acting.

Love to see a remastered version of Ghosts and Goblins.

I'd quite like a remastered Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike too, please.

Guys, Wouldn't these actually be remakes rather than remasters, to me a Remaster is a game with improved graphics but basically the same game, i think the games you have quoted would have to be remakes where the orginal game is changed for the 3d world, unless you actually want to same game eg a 2d beat them up just HD, in that case it would be a remaster and i will be quite

I wouldn't mind a remastered version of Resident Evil 2 to go with the upcoming revamp of the original.

A remastered Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe could also be interesting, while I'd love to see Quackshot, Gauntlet, Tenchu and DOUBLE DRAGON (and a proper DD, not the Neon one).

Have you tried Double Dragon Neon? I think I'd take that over a remaster of the original any day.

It kind of is a remaster already, technically speaking. They even reworked all the original music for it.

Um...
DOUBLE DRAGON (and a proper DD, not the Neon one).

That's why I was asking. For all intents and purposes Neon IS a "proper" Double Dragon. It's way better than when some sh*tty studio tried to do a straight up remake of DD2.

I guess what I'm really saying is why bother redoing the first one when Neon has rendered it redundant?

Ummm...

:P

I played it all the way through, but kept thinking that I would have enjoyed it more if it had been a more faithful update.

On other remastered news, Sleeping Dogs is the next game to be remastered for current-gen consoles and it will have ALL of the DLC content released (which is great because Nightmare in North Point could have been released as a stand-alone - like Undead Nightmare - as it was that good).

[video=youtube;eVnY4F7ftOE]

I know that's cut-scenes and not the game itself, but even taking that into account, they look a lot better than the PS3 version's cut-scenes as you can see by comparing it to the below trailer for the original.

[video=youtube_share;6MBFOidzHOo]

Guest fattyfudge
Anyone remember Simpsons Wrestling on the PS1? Or Hit & Run, and Timesplitters on the PS2? THEY are games that need to be remastered, not the f*cking Last Of Us

• 2 months later...