Fan Clubs (beta)

Sony reaches deal with Marvel - Spidey to appear in MCU!!!

Maxximus

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

Read more: marvel.com~

This is fantastic news and deserves nothing less than a F*CK YES! I'm totally hype to hopefully see Spidey in Civil War!

There's also a rumor going around that Andrew Garfield is NO LONGER Spider-Man and someone new will be cast. First appearance in MCU, then solo film. I honestly don't care who it is as long as Marvel gets to use Spidey finally.

Now we just need Fox to fall in line. That would be amazing. That way we could get literally EVERYONE we need for Infinity War! ARGH! I hope it happens!

What do you guys think?

Edited by Maxximus

On the one hand this is great news, but I feel bad for Andrew Garfield because he was actually a pretty decent webhead. The one scene in Amazing Spiderman where he traps the car thief in the car and mouths off with a bunch of smack talk was the closest I've seen to how I think cinematic Spiderman should be portrayed.

[video=youtube;wtClC8fslWI]

It's a shame the rest of the films couldn't live up to how great just that one little scene was.

Totally can't wait for his Civil War unmasking though. That's gonna be AWESOME.

Guest Sparrow

Is there really any room for Spidey in Civil War? I thought Black Panther was playing the Spidey role? Also won't the unmasking feel a bit lackluster. I know how big of a deal it is because i've read the comic but storyline wise you're getting a guy who has barely been seen unmasking and they could go down the route of Spiderman has been around the whole time but then where was he when New York was getting ripped apart?

I'm really not interested in Spiderman in the MCU at the moment. There's just too many things going on. Better things.

Guest The Beltster

F*ck Black Panther! Move over and make way for Spiderman, theres ALWAYS room for Spiderman, come on dude!

And I agree with you Chris, Garfield was a good Spiderman and a great Peter Parker, I dont see any need to re-cast him whatsoever. I actually enjoyed both the recent Spiderman movies to be honest, I thought they were wicked.

Guest Beefhead
Absolutely hated the last two Spider-Man movies but more because I hated the villains than anything. I liked Andrew Garfield ok. I hated them so much that Spider-Man slipped from one of my favorite super heroes to one I didn't give a shit about. I haven't even been reading the comics like I used to. So for me this is awesome news. Jazzed!

Guest John Hancock
My love of comic book Spider-Man is so strong that, even after all these years, all these merciless f*cking-ups of poor Spidey, I still get that twang in my heart of "Man, I hope they don't f*ck up Spider-Man" every time a new film's announced.

Guest John Hancock

I'm optimistic, just because Marvel Studios tend to be the best at avoiding every other film studios solution of "do Batman" for every comic book movie. Marvel seem to be the only comic book movie studio with the confidence to do actual characters (with the occasional exception of FOX and the X-Men movies, which are hit and miss... it is FOX right?).

Also, I hate to be this guy, but Spider-Man in the MCU isn't confirmed at all anywhere. All that's happened is that Marvel have agreed to help Sony out, and Sony have agreed to talk about the MCU with Marvel. They haven't agreed to actually do anything about it. This is kinda like say "Scotland becomes an independent country!" because people agreed to talk about possibly making Scotland into a country. Not saying it won't happen, it probably will, but that's no the news. As far as Spider-Man appearing in Civil War, we've learnt nothing new and, given that it starts filming in a couple of months, it's unlikely they'll have anything done in time.

My love of comic book Spider-Man is so strong that, even after all these years, all these merciless f*cking-ups of poor Spidey, I still get that twang in my heart of "Man, I hope they don't f*ck up Spider-Man" every time a new film's announced.

This. Spidey's still my guy (sorry Deadpool) so I've almost got to believe it's going to be good for my own sanity.

Guest Beefhead
I loved Spider-Man so much until recently. Until just after the third movie when reboots were announced. I need to start reading some of the comics I've missed since I fell off the Spider-Man bandwagon. Seriously beyond excited for this now. Yesterday's press release says that he will appear in an mcu movie before sonys next solo film.

If they're re-writing Cap 3 to get Spidey which I think is likely as I don't see him cropping up in Dr Strange.

Then we'll be getting Captain America, Iron-Man, Spiderman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman plus whoever else is going to crop up. All on the big screen within a couple of months of each other.

Also, I hate to be this guy, but Spider-Man in the MCU isn't confirmed at all anywhere.
This is from the official statement from Marvel.

"Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films."