Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Brad Kohler to hold a mixed gender MMA fight

Guest deathlock

Guest deathlock

A former UFC player named Brad Kohler is planning to hold a mixed gender MMA bout on pay-per-view. It will be streamed live on InPlayer website next January; no live audience as purchases are made online. See the poster for the rules of the games:

IMG_7226.jpg

My first gut reaction: "uhhhhh, nope". So many suspicious details. I would probably check it out of curiosity what kind of mess this would be, though.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lame poster.

I searched for more info about this event on Google and found that a woman named Tess Barrall was going to take up the challenge. I don't think she's a professional athlete; she's just a fitness instructor. I can't even imagine what kind of thoughts she had, but I hope she really prepares herself.

Guest deathlock
A million dollar prize isn't so bad after all? Well, I checked around the poster for the rules but it seems that there isn't much information. I'm just curious to understand what could be different here!

Well, the poster only said "no rules". I haven't found anything specific yet, but I think they basically allow the participants to go crazy and hit dangerous areas to get the prize. It feels too barbaric in my head. There is nothing to confirm our doubts either, so it's very shady and confusing.

• 5 months later...
Guest Cherry-Chan

This sounds to me like a recipe for disaster. Is it authentic? I can't really see a female boxer wanting to take on a male boxer. Women don't have the bone and muscle mass that is built by testosterone - ok, I'm not an endocrinologist, but that's the way I understand it.

Though I suppose nowadays it's possible that people might have hormonal enhancements. Are there any rules on this in boxing? Mind you, this doesn't sound like a match that's being played by the rules.

Guest North
From what I found on the internet, the event took place in Minnesota instead of Russia. Sims vs Wiuff didn't happen because both walked out. Tess Barrall fought a man called "Trent" who had little to no MMA experience with one rule: "the man is not allowed to strike the woman". Guess who won the fight. I don't know if the prize money was true, though.

Guest Cherry-Chan

Well thanks for the information!

If one contestant is not allowed to strike the other in a contest, the point of which is to strike your opponent, then I can see who is going to win.

It sounds like the whole thing was organised to be just a spectacle rather than an actual boxing contest.