Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Discussion Thread - February 25, 2018 from Las Vegas, NV (#8)

TPIB

The eighth edition of WWE Elimination Chamber will be a RAW exclusive pay-per-view and it will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on February 25 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV.

The official theme song for WWE Elimination Chamber is "M.O.M." by Will Roush, which is available now on iTunes and Spotify.

wwe-elimination-chamber-2018-poster.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

#1 Contender's Elimination Chamber Match:

Braun Strowman vs. Elias vs. John Cena vs. Roman Reigns vs. The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

RAW Women's Championship: Women's Elimination Chamber Match:

Alexa Bliss © vs. Bayley vs. Mandy Rose vs. Mickie James vs. Sonya Deville vs. Sasha Banks

If Nia Jax Wins, She Gets Added to Asuka's Women's Title Match at WrestleMania:

Asuka vs. Nia Jax

Ronda Rousey's official RAW contract signing to take place

RAW Tag Team Championship:

Cesaro & Sheamus © vs. Titus Worldwide

"Woken" Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt

Kickoff Match:

Gallows & Anderson vs. The Miztourage

*The Miz will enter the Elimination Chamber at #1 and Elias will enter at #7*

Edited by TPIB

• 2 weeks later...
Reigns is winning this I guess. Really hope they go with Braun.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania has been the plan since last year's WrestleMania. I really hope they change their mind on this though.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania has been the plan since last year's WrestleMania. I really hope they change their mind on this though.

Yeah its not exactly a secret that their plan is that match. I just wish it was Braun. Braun is red hot and has fan support. They need to strike with him now. If not its going to be Ryback all over again. Somebody who got over naturally but never won the big match at the right time.

Yeah its not exactly a secret that their plan is that match. I just wish it was Braun. Braun is red hot and has fan support. They need to strike with him now. If not its going to be Ryback all over again. Somebody who got over naturally but never won the big match at the right time.

I couldn't agree more. WWE is making a big mistake not capitalizing on his popularity. If Brock does end up leaving after WrestleMania, Braun would be the perfect person to fill the role of dominant champion. Besides the obvious schedule difference, Braun is basically Brock Lesnar but better.

Unfortunately, WWE has a long track record of not pushing talent at the peak of their popularity. Matt Hardy is a recent example that comes to mind. While the messy situation regarding the "Broken" trademarks obviously delayed things, they could have done this "Woken" thing a lot sooner but they waited too long and now the gimmick isn't as popular as it was a few months ago. Plus, look at guys like Finn Balor or Samoa Joe. I fear that WWE is going to book Braun into oblivion like they've done with so many Superstars before him.

I have to point out something that bothers me about the Asuka vs. Nia Jax match. I don't have a problem with the match itself (besides being a match that comes out of nowhere without a proper build or reason for it happening) but I have a couple of problems with the match stipulation itself. The stipulation is that, if Nia Jax wins (which she won't, but still), then she will be added to the RAW Women's Title match at WrestleMania, making the match a Triple Threat between Nia, Asuka, and whoever the champion is after the pay-per-view. My first problem with this is that they're just putting Asuka in the RAW Women's Title match at WrestleMania. By winning the Royal Rumble Match, Asuka was supposed to choose which title she will challenge for (just like Nakamura did when he won the Rumble) but they didn't have Asuka say which title she will challenge for.

Sure, the argument could be made that Asuka was going to challenge for the RAW Women's Title anyways but by just putting her in that title match at WrestleMania, they've missed out on a good opportunity for some good story-telling. The original idea was that Asuka would wait to make her decision until after WWE Elimination Chamber so that she knows who the RAW Women's Champion will be heading into WrestleMania. The idea that Asuka might go for the SmackDown Women's Title instead would add intrigue to both title pictures for the next few weeks and it would also cover for Ronda Rousey until she's able to return to TV. Plus, I hate it when Creative just gets lazy and opts for the easier path instead of using logical booking.

My second problem with this stipulation is that it's totally unnecessary. Why can't we just have Asuka vs. Nia Jax without a stipulation attached to it? There's no reason to have Nia Jax even competing for this opportunity. Asuka won the Women's Royal Rumble Match and Nia Jax did not so why is Nia getting the chance to be added to the match? If Nia had defeated Alexa in a non-title match or something, then this might make a bit more sense but, instead, we're just putting this stipulation on a random pay-per-view match. I agree that Asuka should have a match at the pay-per-view but WWE should have been building to this match. They could have done a bulk of the build to it if it came down to Asuka and Nia in the Rumble Match or something but they decided to have it come down to Asuka and Nikki Bella for some reason so the only real build we have to Asuka vs. Nia is that one match they had last month that Asuka won by count-out.

Here's what I'd do have Asuka challenge Charlotte at Wrestlemania, that's the money match in the women's divison, then you have Bayley win the raw women's title in the chamber by pinning Sasha, the next night Sasha turns on Bayley, setting up Bayley vs Sasha at Wrestlemania, shame everyone entering the men's chamber don't have a legit chance of winning since everyone already knows that Roman is facing Brock at Wrestlemania, Braun will probably end up teaming with Ronda Rousey if Dwayne isn't available against HHH and Stephanie.

So the men's chamber match will be 7 people. Not really sure how they pull that off. 5 chambers? 3 start?

Unless they put two people into one pod together (which would be quite humorous), then I'm guessing that they will have three people start the match instead of two.

There is one other way, although it kind of voids the whole locked structure reasoning.

That is 2 start. 4 in pods and 1 comes out last from backstage. Not a great idea if thats what they do.

Actually my thought is that since they are a unit the shield go in one pod together. However then do you have to release both when their pod is picked, or pick it twice?

• 2 weeks later...

Well they went with Roman. Predictable. At least Braun looked like a beast in defeat. It hurts his aura to lose though. He always looses when it matters most. If that keeps up eventually the fans will lose interest. Was a good match though.

Enjoyed the womans match also. Particularly Bliss and Banks acting all heelish was fun.

Rest of the card was meh.

Well they went with Roman. Predictable. At least Braun looked like a beast in defeat. It hurts his aura to lose though. He always looses when it matters most. If that keeps up eventually the fans will lose interest. Was a good match though.
Braun looked good but I HATE the running slam finisher, some looked more like a regular slam, nothing special. I know he's meant to be big and it's meant to be more powerful but I just can't take it seriously.

Personally I think WWE dropped the ball in the women's chamber, should have bayley won, then her give the face portion of the promo Alexa, Then have Sasha explode into the chamber and destroy bayley

The way they were playing it made me think we might get a 4-way match at Mania with Jax, Bliss, Auska and Banks. When Sasha was sitting by the cage at the end of the match and Alexa was pretending to cry I thought Sasha might go for her. Then with Jax attacking Asuka after the match, she could still get involved somewhere. The alternative would be to have Sasha feud with Baley but I don't know if they'll hold off on that until after WrestleMania.

I loved the Rousey segment, fans seemed to lap it up too!