Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 34 Discussion Thread - April 8, 2018 from New Orleans, LA

TPIB

WWE WrestleMania 34 will come to you, live on pay-per-view and the WWE Network, on April 8 at a special start time of 7/6c from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA.

The official theme song for WrestleMania 34 is "Celebrate" by Kid Rock, which is available now on iTunes and Spotify.

wwe-wrestlemania-34-poster-2.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Universal Championship:

Brock Lesnar © vs. Roman Reigns

Mixed Tag Match:

Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Triple Threat Tag Match:

The Usos © vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers

RAW Tag Team Championship:

Cesaro & Sheamus © vs. Braun Strowman & ???

Intercontinental Championship: Triple Threat Match:

The Miz © vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

RAW Women's Championship:

Alexa Bliss © vs. Nia Jax

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Charlotte Flair © vs. Asuka

United States Championship: Fatal 4-Way Match:

Randy Orton © vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Exclusive)

WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal (Kickoff Exclusive)

Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Finals: Kickoff Match:

Mustafa Ali vs. Cedric Alexander

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal Participants

Dash Wilder

Scott Dawson

Baron Corbin

Tye Dillinger

Mojo Rawley

"Woken" Matt Hardy

Fandango

Tyler Breeze

Dolph Ziggler

Goldust

Heath Slater

Rhyno

Primo Colon

Zack Ryder

Kane

Elias

Luke Gallows

Karl Anderson

R-Truth

Sin Cara

Titus O'Neil

Apollo

Chad Gable

Shelton Benjamin

Aiden English

Curt Hawkins

Bo Dallas

Curtis Axel

Mike Kanellis

WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal Participants

Sasha Banks

Becky Lynch

Naomi

Ruby Riott

Liv Morgan

Sarah Logan

Natalya

Bayley

Lana

Mandy Rose

Sonya Deville

Carmella

Mickie James

Edited by TPIB

My dream card, some of which may or may not happen, consists of.

AJ vs Nakumura. This is perfect glad its happening.

Matt Hardy vs Bray Waytt hair vs hair match. ( it would start in the compound and make its way to the arena.)

Brock vs Balor (Sadly this will probably be Reigns vs Brock)

The Bar vs the Usos. Pride match which champs are better. No titles on the line, however the losing team never gets a rematch whenever they lose their titles.

Asuka vs Well anybody honestly. Flair maybe. Just give her what she deserves. A title.

Strowman vs Kane Fired (Braun ) vs Retirement (Kane) for the loser match.

Rollins vs Jericho vs Owens vs Zayn vs Jeff Hardy vs 1 or 2 other upper midcarder/main eventers with nothing else to do. Money in the bank. Features both sd and raw the winner is mitb for the show he appears on.

Andre the giant battle royal is Women this year. Nia Jax wins.

Taker vs Kurt Angle. Its being done before but if Taker can have one last match I would like this one.

Balor/bullet club Anderson and Gallows vs Bludgeon brothers.

Whomever is cruiser champion vs Rey Mesterio. Rey giving him a wm win would put him over bigtime.

Lastly Roman Reigns vs Demon Balor who has double duty.

Cena can give some young guy a win. Elias would be good for example.

• 1 month later...

Oh the tag triple threat is official? That's good to know. Smackdown tag titles were jipped last year when they had American Alpha vs Usos on the Smackdown BEFORE Mania, which is a shame cause that was a damn good match and should've happened at Mania. Glad New Day and Usos get to have their WrestleMania match this year.

Poor Dolph Ziggler. He talked a good bit about not having a singles WrestleMania match yet and this was the year, and yet here he is, stuck in the Andre Memorial Battle Royal.

I wonder who's gonna win those battle royals though - Not really any names jumping out at me for the men's side. I'd be willing to bet on Becky Lynch or Sasha or Bayley for the Women's. Leaning more towards Sasha though, but then again every time I bet on her at a PPV she loses, so probably not.

WWE have released their schedule for WM week. If the schedule is to be believed WM is 7 hours 30 minutes this year. 2 hours kick off and 5 and a half for main show.

I feel that's at least 1 hour too long for the kickoff even with matches. Also at least 2 hours too long for the main show.

Guest Mortyjr

I agree that the cruisers won’t be on the main show although a mania crowd I think would react well if they were

Also yes the women’s battle royal will be on the main show and the Andre won’t

Smart move putting Rusev in the US title match it would’ve gotten 0 reaction and although it may not improve it greatly you know the fans will be in to Rusev like hell

Guest Mortyjr
Oh the US title would have got a reaction...

...The problem is it would be mostly boos. With Rusev the live fans might cheer the match.

Yeah it may had got the Mexican wave treatment if not just silence however if Randy wins which I’m expecting I would feel for the match following it we will see

Guest Mortyjr
Exactly the crowd won’t except less than Rusev winning at mania and let’s be honest the guy deserves it but I do feel a randy win coming

Guest Mortyjr
Anyone think Carmella cashes in?

I thought that months ago it’s exactly the sort of thing wwe would do they love those pictures of peoples shocked faces and Carmella would get all kinds of heat. It’s very very likely I just hope she doesn’t cash in and lose because that’s be both the MITB winners from the last PPV

The only way there is a cash in is if Asuka somehow lost the title match, but with still saying she never got pinned or submitted. (time limit? DQ? Count out?)

That or Asuka beats her clean during the cash in.

Guest Biggybig81
What's people's opinion on who brawn Strowman's partner is going to be in the raw tag title match.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carmella cashes in and loses it cleanly to Asuka. At this point, breaking the winning streak of Asuka's undefeated record with a DQ/Count out or even a triple threat loss if Carmella pulled a Rollins-cash in would be real disappointing.

Eventually someone has to beat Asuka, I just hope they don't do it in some bs way in a throw-away fashion. A MITB Cash in would be cool, but I dunno if that'd be the way to end Asuka's streak. Especially to someone like Carmella, who is in no way considered a threat to Asuka right now. The only people on the main roster that I think would have a shot of being taken seriously to beat Asuka would be Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, maybe Bayley, and Ronda Rousey. Maybe Nikki Bella but I'm not counting her since she's not been around.

Anyone else would just be a joke right now. They've jobbed Nia out to Asuka like 4 times on the main roster, as well as twice down in NXT, so to continue to act like she's a threat to Asuka is just not realistic anymore to me.

As for Braun's partner, I read Big Show recently signed another contract so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

Now we know the pre-show matches: Currently listed as both battle royals and the Cruiserweight title match (because of course).

Man the Andre Memorial Battle Royal's significance has really gone downhill over the last 4 years. It started with a star-making win for Cesaro (Meaning, the way he won it was a damn good moment), and then next year Big Show proving that sometimes big men can win battle royals, but then it slowly went downhill with Baron Corbin debuting and winning it (Not the worst thing but I know that non-NXT watchers were like ???), and last year...freakin Mojo Rowley winning it with the assistance of his friend to overcome the at-the-time jobber of Jinder Mahal?

:|

I think Matt Hardy or Dolph Ziggler's gonna win it this year.

Edited by Zack T

Matthew has a new article up on COW:

WWE WrestleMania 34 Anti-Hype: Temper your expectations!

To check out some of our previous WrestleMania feature articles, click here.

What's people's opinion on who brawn Strowman's partner is going to be in the raw tag title match.

There have been rumours of it being Rey Mysterio which could be good, he got a great reaction at the Rumble and WWE loves the whole little/large team dynamic.