Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

AJ Styles injured

The Icon

He suffered some sort of leg injury in a house show on March 16th. Unable to finish his tag match he was helped to the back.

He was also pulled from a scheduled and announced March 18th houseshow match.

He will not be working any matches this month. He was backstage at raw being medically examined.

Let's see what happens on SD but for now it looks like he has a potential WM missing injury. Or at least something that may curtail his performance.

Information from Mike Johnson.

Let's hope the injury isn't too severe and that he's okay in time for WrestleMania. If need be, they can easily keep him from competing or appearing on house shows if it means preserving him for Mania. I think it's fair to say that, if AJ cannot compete at WrestleMania, then that is a huge blow for the show this year.

You got your wish. Its a minor tweak that won't stop him competing at WM.

It will slightly curtail his performance in that I doubt he will do anything like flying spots.

As seen on SD WWE will keep him from doing anything too physical leading up to WM.

Edited by The Icon

Triple H commented on Styles' issues during an interview with French outlet Catch News, commenting, "AJ is working diligently on rehabbing his injuries and getting himself in tip-top shape for Wrestlemania. We're hoping for the best. Right now, he says he’s feeling a lot better and we’ll be ready to go. Obviously we’ll get him doctors to make sure that he is ready to go and get him medical clearance if that’s possible."

I hope it's the match of the night. Shinsuke hasn't really had a grand performance since debuting a year ago, but hopefully here he'll get it. But I'm still wondering who's gonna win...it seems like Shinsuke would, but who the heck knows.

AJ is the sort of guy who will always be nursing some sort of injury

Heading into his last Wrestle Kingdom where he also wrestled Nakamura there was real concern that he wouldn't make the match due to his constant back niggles. In the end he was fine, put on a 4 and half star match and made his WWE debut less than a month later.