Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE The Greatest Royal Rumble Discussion Thread - April 27, 2018 from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

TPIB

WWE will present The Greatest Royal Rumble on April 27 from King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The show will air live on the WWE Network at 12PM EST and will also air on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK.

4gJJD3Z.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

First Ever 50-Man Royal Rumble Match

Universal Championship: Steel Cage Match:

Brock Lesnar © vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Triple H vs. John Cena

Casket Match:

The Undertaker vs. Rusev

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match:

Seth Rollins © vs. The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe

RAW Tag Team Championship:

Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The Deleter of Worlds

United States Championship:

Jeff Hardy © vs. Jinder Mahal

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:

The Bludgeon Brothers © vs. The Usos

Cruiserweight Championship:

Cedric Alexander © vs. Kalisto

Confirmed Greatest Royal Rumble Match Participants

Daniel Bryan

Braun Strowman

Kurt Angle

Chris Jericho

Big E

Kofi Kingston

Xavier Woods

Elias

Baron Corbin

Apollo Crews

Titus O'Neil

Chad Gable

Shelton Benjamin

Dolph Ziggler

Goldust

Sin Cara

Mojo Rawley

Bobby Roode

Shane McMahon

Kevin Owens

Rey Mysterio

The Great Khali

Mark Henry

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a new update This has being upgraded to ppv in Britain and Ireland when it will air live at 5pm on sky sports.

Not sure about America. If it was live it would be 11pm.

It will be airing on the WWE Network.

Also, as mentioned, they are advertising seven title matches for the show as the Universal, WWE, Intercontinental, United States, RAW Tag Team, SmackDown Tag Team, and Cruiserweight Titles will all be defended.

I love that they spoiled a WM match by advertising the bar as tag champs vs the Hardys (/broken hardys?).

Of course they could just change it to non title after WM, but that sounds like Bar are winning.

Yeah. That was my first thought too. At least with the Intercontinental Title match, one of three people in the match will most likely be the Intercontinental Champion going into the match. They also kind of spoiled the returns of Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe as well since we can now assume that Jeff and Joe will be returning either at WrestleMania or the night after WrestleMania.

Well it's pretty obvious anyway, given Jeff was on Ultimate Deletion and he's been cleared. Joe is real close too, if not already cleared, so no surprise there.

I've been wondering if The Bar wouldn't manage to make it out of WrestleMania with the Tag belts. I mean, Strowman is booked strong enough to beat both of them by himself but having a partner gives him a liability and a way to lose without hurting him. Probably for the best, though I was kind've expecting them to give him the gold and let him be occupied with that for awhile until they're ready to move him back into the Universal title scene.

Anyway, I wonder who will win the Rumble and if they'll do a prize for it.

I also wonder if we'll be as excited once we hit entry 45 or if the crowd will be dying down because of how long the rumble is gonna be. I wonder if they'll do 1.5 minute intervals still or if they're gonna shorten it to 1 to make it not take forever.

Rey Mysterio is injured, I thought?

Brian Kendrick? What the hell? I guess we'll see some other cruiserweights in there too.

Who do we think's gonna win?

Now that we know DBRY is back, I kinda feel like if he doesn't win this, they might be missing an opportunity. Then again, this is gonna be in Saudi Arabia and I have no idea if they'll be as fond of him as we are here. But that's who I'd pick to win it.

But since there's no announced prize for the "Greatest Rumble Ever", I wouldn't be surprised if they make Roman Reigns win it.

Guest Adz2018
I imagine the winner will face the big brand champ at Summer slam as that is the big event of the summer.

Have they been advertising it during Raw/Smackdown? I haven't watched much since Summerslam, I just read results and watch PPV's right now.

I wouldn't expect them to promote it until after WrestleMania, they might even plug it at WrestleMania (like they usually do for the next PPV)