Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

NXT Takeover New Orleans Predictions

Guest Mortyjr

Guest Mortyjr

I think it’s fair to say Takeover events are always entertaining and the line up for this years mania weekend has the potential to be the best yet, it’s an interesting period around wrestlemania and the post mania call ups which could shape the results, the officially announced matches (not including spoilers) are:

NXT Championship - Aliester Black v Andrade ‘cien’ Almas ©

NXT Women’s Championship - Shayna Baszler v Ember Moon ©

NXT North American Championship Ladder match- Lars Sullivan v Adam Cole v Velveteen Dream v Killian Dain v Ricochet v EC3

Unsanctioned Match - Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa (Gargano wins he is re-hired)

My predictions : Black wins the title as this does tend to be the time for a reset although I’m not convinced

Velveteen Dream wins the North American title

Baszler wins the title, I can’t see her losing to moon twice and I expect moon to be called up

Gargano v ciampa I’m not convinced, the story seems to suggest Gargano winning and their storyline continuing but I think for the sake of heat ciampa could surprise and take it so I’m going out there and picking ciampa

There will be one more match officially announced soon

What are your picks and why?

Guest DamienAA35

I think Gargano should Lose to Ciampa..... then comes out at Wrestlemania as Brauns Tag Partner!

Velveteen Dream I think will win. He has constantly put on great matches and deserves it.

Guest Mortyjr
I think Gargano should Lose to Ciampa..... then comes out at Wrestlemania as Brauns Tag Partner!

Velveteen Dream I think will win. He has constantly put on great matches and deserves it.

I agree completely with the dream, I think Dain will get a call up and nxt isn’t really the type of brand to stick a title on EC3 or ricochet this early, and the match stipulation leads you to believe Lars won’t win so it’d be Cole or dream I think

My picks are in bold:

NXT Championship - Aliester Black v Andrade ‘cien’ Almas ©

NXT Women’s Championship - Shayna Baszler v Ember Moon ©

NXT North American Championship Ladder match- Lars Sullivan v Adam Cole v Velveteen Dream v Killian Dain v Ricochet v EC3

Unsanctioned Match - Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa (Gargano wins he is re-hired)

I can see Cole going after the main title so I think it would be prefect for Dream to get the title here.

The only reason I've chosen Gargano is because I don't expect to see him on the main shows yet.

Guest Mortyjr

I agree with

My picks are in bold:

I can see Cole going after the main title so I think it would be prefect for Dream to get the title here.

The only reason I've chosen Gargano is because I don't expect to see him on the main shows yet.

your point about Cole, reaffirms my thoughts about the dream, the guy has improved so much and gotten this gimmick over (I know most things are over with nxt crowds but his is a different level he feels like a star) he deserves it

Gargano winning makes sense to continue the feud and as I said before I’m not sure where he’d fit on the main roster right now due to Bryan’s return

I do believe Aleister Black will take the title from Andrade. I think Almas is gonna get called up soon.

I wonder if we're gonna see a long storyline involving Dakota Kai vs Shayna Baysler where Shayna injured her, takes the title from Ember, runs through people, and Dakota eventually comes out to stop her. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. But NXT thinks far ahead so who knows. Either way, I bet Shayna will take the title from Ember.

I would believe Johnny beats Ciampa so they can continue feuding. Personally I want to see Johnny win and then they manage to split them up a little bit by having Johnny get caught up with someone else while Ciampa feuds with Aleister for the title and takes it, so that we can get the super physical match between them and also so that later down the line, by maybe Brooklyn, we could have Ciampa vs Gargano again but for the title.

Not sure what the tag title scene is gonna look like, though I imagine Roderick Strong and Pete Dunn will be in the match. But I saw Bobby Fish might be injured and if it's too bad, I dunno what they'll do about the tag titles. I kind've think Roddy and Pete might be on their way to winning them though, regardless.

As for the North American title, jeez that's hard to say. I think all of Sanity is going to get called up soon, Killian Dane is good but he still needs more practice. I feel like he's in the same spot Braun Strowman was in 2 years ago where he has potential and some parts of him are really clicking, but unless he's with a real pro in a singles match or around others in tag, he's gonna be exposed as still not super good.

Anyway, Killian Dane or Lars or Velveteen or Adam or EC3 or Ricochet. I'd be willing to bet most on Velveteen Dream or EC3.

Black- almas rumored to be getting a call-up.

Bazler- Ember moon also being rumored to be getting called up

Ladder match- The Velveteen dream- guy has done nothing be improve great promo and can have a great match.

Gargano- even though both him ad tommaso are also in the rumor mill for call-ups

Guest Mortyjr
I do believe Aleister Black will take the title from Andrade. I think Almas is gonna get called up soon.

I wonder if we're gonna see a long storyline involving Dakota Kai vs Shayna Baysler where Shayna injured her, takes the title from Ember, runs through people, and Dakota eventually comes out to stop her. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. But NXT thinks far ahead so who knows. Either way, I bet Shayna will take the title from Ember.

I would believe Johnny beats Ciampa so they can continue feuding. Personally I want to see Johnny win and then they manage to split them up a little bit by having Johnny get caught up with someone else while Ciampa feuds with Aleister for the title and takes it, so that we can get the super physical match between them and also so that later down the line, by maybe Brooklyn, we could have Ciampa vs Gargano again but for the title.

Not sure what the tag title scene is gonna look like, though I imagine Roderick Strong and Pete Dunn will be in the match. But I saw Bobby Fish might be injured and if it's too bad, I dunno what they'll do about the tag titles. I kind've think Roddy and Pete might be on their way to winning them though, regardless.

As for the North American title, jeez that's hard to say. I think all of Sanity is going to get called up soon, Killian Dane is good but he still needs more practice. I feel like he's in the same spot Braun Strowman was in 2 years ago where he has potential and some parts of him are really clicking, but unless he's with a real pro in a singles match or around others in tag, he's gonna be exposed as still not super good.

Anyway, Killian Dane or Lars or Velveteen or Adam or EC3 or Ricochet. I'd be willing to bet most on Velveteen Dream or EC3.

Excellent point about Dakota Kai although I think she’d be a place holder feud I think the money is Baszler v candice lerae

Guest Mortyjr
They’ve unveiled the North American title belt, what do you guys think? It’s another nice looking belt, strange how the developmental brand belts (I’m including the UK title) are more old style gold belts and a lot of the main roster like the tag belts and cruiserweight belt look quite childish