Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Your Most interesting Wrestlemania Facts.....

Guest DamienAA35

Guest DamienAA35

What is the most obscure Wrestlemania fact you know??

Mine is Funaki is the ONLY wrestler to lose a match at Wrestlemania WITHOUT having a single move used on him.

Guest Mortyjr
Good one, at this point in time 6 people hold a unique claim to winning a opening match and a main event at mania including Shawn Michaels, John Cena, the miz, Seth Rollins, roman reigns and famously in the same night; Daniel Bryan

RVD is 4-0 at WrestleMania.

Big Bossman is 5-1 at WrestleMania (that one loss being to Undertaker)

On the other end of the spectrum, up until last year, Jeff Hardy was 0-5 at WrestleMania. Now he broke his streak and is 1-5!

Dolph Ziggler has him beat at 1-6 though.

1. HHH and HBK have lost more WM matches than any other Wrestlers period.

However

2. Goldust has the most losses in row going 0 for 6 so far.

3. There was no world title match at WM 1

4. The Rock has only pinned Steve Austin once one on one. At WM XIX

5. Sometimes it seems like Nobody can win the IC title at WM. HBK, Greg Valentine, Curt Hennig, Honky Tonk Man and Jeff Jarrett all won IC title matches at WM by dq therefore didn't get the champions title.

6. WM 2 was a Monday night PPV. Not a Sunday

7. RVD and Road Warriors/LOD have never lost at WM

8. Kurt Angle is the only person to lose two titles in WM history in the same match, and without even being pinned.

9. The Godfather has appeared as 4 characters at WM, and lost matches as all four. Papa Shango, Kama, Godfather and Good Father.

10. The Rock has being in 4 World title matches at WM. He lost all four matches.

11. WM 27 had No title changes

And finally

12. King Kong Bundy was scheduled to pin Undertaker clean at WM 95. Then get a big push coming out of the show. Bundy went into the show injured and Vince changed his mind literally as the match was about to start.

One year later Kevin Nash was being mega pushed and was scheduled to pin Taker clean at WM 96. Only Ted turners pockets saved the streak. As McMahon wasn't letting a departing star pin Taker.

Edited by The Icon

Actually several people have won the IC title at Mania. One of your facts, about Kurt losing two titles...one of them was the Intercontinental Title.

People who've won the IC title at Mania that I can remember off the top of my head

Chris Benoit

Rob Van Dam

Miz

Zack Ryder

Though it does rarely change hands at Mania

I didn't mean literally nobody has won the IC title at WM. Maybe it was phrased unclearly. I just mean it seems like nobody can. As its the match more people have won, but not won the title. I edited it hopefully more clear now.

Good one, at this point in time 6 people hold a unique claim to winning a opening match and a main event at mania including Shawn Michaels, John Cena, the miz, Seth Rollins, roman reigns and famously in the same night; Daniel Bryan

Bret hart also did this

WM 10 was to feature a big 10 man tag match, but HBK secretly took an extra 10 minutes to complete his ladder match. Only he and Scott Hall knew they planned to go longer.

After the match a pissed off Vince was forced to cut the tag match.

The 5 star (probably not) match we missed out on?

Bob Holly, Tatanka, Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn and Sean Waltman

Vs

Jeff Jarrett, IRS, Rikishi, headshrinker Samu and Rick Martel