Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 9, 2018 from New Orleans, LA (#1298)

TPIB

raw-logo-0716-700.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, April 9, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, April 10, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue

Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA

Confirmed Matches/Events

WrestleMania Fallout

Guest Adz2018
Always the best Raw of the year. Hope the crowd lives up to the tradition. The first Raw after Mania is responsible for such awesomeness as chanting for Michael Cole or JBL during a match and even the invention of the Fandango dance!

Guest Braunforchamp2018

raw-logo-0716-700.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, April 9, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, April 10, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue

Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA

Confirmed Matches/Events

WrestleMania Fallout

I think there’s gonna be some surprises on this Raw, Big Cass, Hardy, maybe Almas and some other NXTers? They’ll announce the shakeup,

Guest WCWfan4life
I got to take my hat off to WWE creative! Raw and Smackdown always pull out the stops after Wrestlemania! It will be interesting see who debuts on smackdown tonight! Maybe a new GM? I am glad to see Ember Moon on raw as she deserved a call up as she has a unique style and entrance and quite frankly one of the most unique and cool finishers of any wrestlers today with the eclipse. Her time will come! I was happy to see Samoa Joe back and renew his program with Reigns. The authors of pain call up will be something to watch especially with Paul Ellering out as their manager but as green on the mic as Akeem and Razar are maybe a possible advocate is needed for their mouth piece? Bobby Lashley was a surprise but leaked online earlier in the day but glad he is back in WWE ring and will be interesting to see what the plans are for him in the future. I disagree with the Matt hardy and bray Wyatt pairing and only see that pairing lasting a couple months before either turns on the other and with Jeff hardy back not paired with Matt what happens especially with his recent DUI. I give props to Triple H as he does such a good job with talent in NXT and their exposure to WWE universe so once they get that call it's awesome to see the pop they get when they make it to raw or smackdown! This was my first thread and I hope you enjoyed it!

Guest MissRattlehead

I have a feeling that Woken Mat's relationship with Wyatt will eventually lead to a feud with Brother Nero and another ultimate deletion.

Glad Ember Moon has moved up. Excited to see who goes to Smackdown. Have a feeling Sanity will be there but without Nikki Cross as she is advertised as being at Download Festival with NXT. Plus I think the Iconic Duo will appear.

Also looking forward to the shake up next week.

I have a feeling that Woken Mat's relationship with Wyatt will eventually lead to a feud with Brother Nero and another ultimate deletion..

I think they'll wait and see how it goes, I think they'll (Bray and Matt) be a pretty successful team - so they'll want to keep it going for a while.

Raw was good but there were no surprises for me - we'd all heard/guessed who was going to debut so there was no real wow factor.

As much as I like the NXT stars that debuted I don't feel they're going to add that much more to the current roster. I can see No Way Jose getting boring quite quickly, as good as Ember/AOP are, I feel like they'll just get lost in the shuffle.

Rousey looked good - anyone expecting a Charlotte/Rousey match at WrestleMania 35?

I've been waiting for the Paige announcement - fitting time to do it. Must be SO tough having that happen at such a young age, so gutted for her.

Guest MissRattlehead

It must be hard. But at least she has other projects to keep her busy as she will try and battle her way back.

I'm hoping for a Sanity and Bludgeon Brothers showdown tonight.

I really felt for Paige too. Poor thing, especially now that Daniel Bryan just got to come back. I don't know if that's even a remote chance for her or not, but it's gotta be in her mind all the same.

I do worry about AoP and Ember Moon being lost in the shuffle after a bit. I'm sure them and No Way Jose will all be getting easy wins for the next couple of months to help get the main roster audience introduced to them, but the roster is so deep right now that I dunno if it'll help. Wins and matches are good, but the other half of the equation to getting NXT talent over on the main roster is letting them be who they were in NXT - While no one's really changed coming up, most of the time they just throw them out there and act as though everyone already knows their whole history and characters.

I think that's why American Alpha didn't end up staying hot once they came up. I mean, they lasted awhile, they got to be Tag champs and I'm happy about that, but they didn't have the connection because we virtually never heard them talk. They just came out and had good matches. We didn't get to see the build up of Chad Gable trying to convince Jason Jordan week after week to let him be his tag partner, and then the build ups of Chad trying to get Jason to say Ready Willing and Gable and we didn't get to see them gel as a team - we were already there. And that's fine, we can't recreate that process, but we could've at least let us see their personality more.

That same thing happened to Bayley too when she came up. Part of the reason Bayley was so over in NXT was the journey we all went on with her that took place over the course of a year or more, it was a slow build and seeing her finally overcome everyone and everything to win the title in epic fashion was an intensely awesome pay-off. But once she came to the main roster, she was instantly pushed into the title picture and got there pretty quick and once she did, the only place she could really go was back down and now she's basically just "there", but no one really cares a lot about her at the moment. Sasha's kind've in that same boat, as is Becky.

ANYWAY.

Bobby Lashley's return shocked me - I had seen rumors he might come back but I didn't believe them, it'd been 10 years and he seemed real happy with the easier schedule of TNA and I thought he was under contract with them right now anyway. So that was coolie donkers.

Glad to see Joe and Jeff back. I'm sure Big Cass will return very soon too, but we can't fit everything in on 1 or even 2 shows.

Loved Miz/Seth segment. Finn was basically just "there".

Roman's segment was very interesting too. I'm wondering where we're going with this...if Roman's gonna get the win at the Greatest Rumble or if he's gonna be slowly pushed down a bit.