Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Conor McGregor's career in peril?

Guest airgold

Guest airgold
Earlier in the month (April), Conor McGregor was arrested after attacking a rival team's bus, breaking windows and injuring other fighters. Some of the fighters had to withdraw from UFC 223 because of their injuries. What kind of impact do you think this will have on McGregor? Sometimes a "bad boy" image helps but this seems way over the top.

Guest planetdoom
Eh, these clashes with the law only help to reinforce an image for these fighters. Too bad that other fighters were hurt and had to pull out but there's always someone else to fight and as long as McGregor draws a crowd, he'll probably keep fighting.

Guest HighlyLogical
I don't think his career is in peril because so many people out there like Conor, add me to that list too because I really love McGregor, he is such a great sight to behold and an entertaining fighter. That being said, these latest actions that you're talking about here have to be addressed by the people who were involved. You just can't stop another person's livelihood in the way that Conor did by injuring people outside of the ring. I don't know what issues he had going on, but perhaps this incident has made him calm down, and made him realize that if he isn't careful he could lose a lot of what he has worked so hard for.

Guest North
I read that he was arrested and charged with several assault cases. He was released, but court sessions will continue. I don't think he will really go to the jail, but the threat is real and I hope he reflects on that. He was stripped of his title when the UFC 223 bout began and his Twitter showed that he was upset about that. I just didn't know what he expected to happen by throwing fits like this.

Guest airgold
You just can't stop another person's livelihood in the way that Conor did by injuring people outside of the ring. I don't know what issues he had going on, but perhaps this incident has made him calm down, and made him realize that if he isn't careful he could lose a lot of what he has worked so hard for.

And that's what I'm thinking, too. Inside the ring, he can do what the rules allow. But once the fight is in public view, he has to deal with whatever laws have been broken and face the consequences. When you're a high profile person like Connor, you really have to be careful about what you do in public because, as a celebrity, your life is under a microscope.

Guest HighlyLogical
And that's what I'm thinking, too. Inside the ring, he can do what the rules allow. But once the fight is in public view, he has to deal with whatever laws have been broken and face the consequences. When you're a high profile person like Connor, you really have to be careful about what you do in public because, as a celebrity, your life is under a microscope.

I agree, and it's like come on Conor, show some restraint. Was it really that serious? That being said, I don't know what the whole fight was about, I don't know what set him off because I have not done any type of research on it, I just heard about it briefly on ESPN, and then read about it online a bit. It's so interesting to me how celebrities have all kinds of money, but still manage to get into certain troubles that they should be equipped to rise above. Are you not happy with all of those millions, because I'll help you out with that.

I adore Conor McGregor. I just love the way he looks. His latest Instagram pictures... oh my gosh.:inlove::inlove: