Fan Clubs | beta

Favorite Old School Games?

Guest airgold

Guest airgold
Just wondering if anyone likes the oldies that came out in the 80s? Games like Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede or Millipede. What about Sonic? The graphics definitely aren't as good as they are now, but I still like to play some of those games. I was even talking to someone the other day about how I used to spend a lot of time playing Lemmings.

I didn't play many classic arcade games like that. My first system was the original Nintendo when I was 3 years old, so that system and onward is what I dealt with.

Plenty of great games from that time frame. Obvious ones like Mario series and Sonic, but I also loved Death Of Superman on the Sega Genesis, NBA Jam for Sega Genesis. Loved the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games, Battletoads + Double Dragons was fun though I could never beat it.

Guest Queenie
I do like the classic games. Especially Pac Man and Mrs. Pac Man. Tetras is also a great puzzle game that is mindless. Miner 2049er is very challenging. If you can find that one now, I suggest you give it a try. It might be fun for you.

Oh, I had forgotten all about Sonic the Hedgehog. Whatever happened to Sega Gensis? Did the console go under? I was too young to remember much about Atari and never got into arcade games beyond air hockey.

Guest airgold
@DandyMandy, speaking of Atari, I learned something funny recently. The guy who developed Atari, Nolan Bushnell, was also the owner of the Chucky Cheese pizza restaurants. I thought it was kind of weird until I thought about pizza and video games. Pretty smart.

Guest Queenie
That is a good piece of trivia @airgold. I remember the Atari. In today's video world it's considered ancient I'm sure. That is where I was introduced to Pac Man. Those were some good times.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sim-antics

Sonic is such a good game. I downloaded it on my boyfriend's PS4 and had such a great time playing it. My dad also got his hands on the new Atari Flashback console (it was new then at least) and we had a lot of fun playing all kinds of classic games. Asteroids, Space Invaders, and Pong were the games we played the most.

Have you seen the movie Pixels? It's got all of these games and more in it.

• 2 months later...
Guest Johnny_Schroeder

I have many favorite old games like:

Snow Brows

King of Fighter

Sonic

Mario Bros

Golden Axe

Pac Man

Metal Slug

etc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grandmthethird

I started with a Commodore 16 and moved on to a ZX Spectrum. I’ll always have a soft spot for the Prince of Yolk Folk “Dizzy”. But honestly right now we are in a golden era for gaming. Games now are better than they’ve ever been.

Sure I have nostalgia like anyone else. But right now in 2018, I can go back and play games from my childhood. And also play amazing 2018 games. Right now I can have my cake and eat it. There has never been a better time to be a gamer.

Guest AmyRichmond
Just wondering if anyone likes the oldies that came out in the 80s? Games like Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede or Millipede. What about Sonic? The graphics definitely aren't as good as they are now, but I still like to play some of those games. I was even talking to someone the other day about how I used to spend a lot of time playing Lemmings.

I discovered Pac Man as a retro game a few years ago, and got quite addicted to it. Spent time playing it on my computer when I should have been doing other things!

I also once came across an old game called Asteroids at a fair. It was the original booth that the game was in, and there were a few other old games as well. I found asteroids quite compelling, ridiculously simple and fun. I think it was from the seventies or eighties.

I was a fan of Asteroids, Tetris, Mario, and Duck Hunt. I still play Asteroids occasionally when I have the nostalgic moments. I'm glad I was born in that era.

From the 80s, Sonic, Super Mario Bros. (1 and 3, 2 was trash), and Duck Hunt were probably my favourites. I couldn't really get into Pac-Man. It stresses me out every time I play.

I've played Tetris too, but never at the arcade. I used to play it on my calculator all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
My fav game was James Pond

I'll admit it - at first I thought that was a typo and you meant to put James Bond. Silly me! I never played any of the James Pond games. They look cute though.

Guest IdesOfMarch

^ I thought the same thing, @Maya.

James Bond is one of my favourite old school games though. Goldeneye is still one of my favourite games to play. I don't know if that really counts as old school. So let's see...my favourite arcade game would probably be Frogger.