Fan Clubs | beta

Why won't Duck Hunt work?

DandyMandy

DandyMandy, do you have an older telly you can use? Try it on a telly that is curved rather than a flat screen. I'm not a technical expert by any means, but I think it has to do with the tubes on the inside. The newer models won't register hits.

Guest HighlyLogical
I just recently bought an old game system from eBay too, and after plugging it in, it wouldn't work properly. I tried everything. Finally I decided to disconnect all of the wires and then re-connect everything, I don't know why, but that did the trick. Maybe if you disconnect it, and then plug everything back in, things will start working in the right way. Hope this helps. On the other had, like @Poppy said, it could be the TV. If that's the case, I hope you happen to have an older TV around that you can use because it's really good to be able to go back and enjoy older games.

Thank you both for the help. I tried the unplug, replug trick. I consider it the reboot method of electronics. I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but I also tried blowing into the cartridge and the game system itself. :rolleye2: I know that doesn't work...but it was something I learned as a kid and I swear it was a reflex habit. I caught myself doing it and died laughing.

I need to find an old television to see if that works. Of course I need an old T.V. just after I recycled mine.

@HighlyLogical which older game are you playing? I have a Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 around here somewhere.

Blowing on the cartridge is a classic trick. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I've read that people have had problems with LCD televisions. Is that what you're trying to use? There's a hack that's supposed to work here.

Guest airgold
If there's a will, there's a way and I love the hack that @Hal shared in order to get the game working. That was such a classic game back in the day. The dog laughing and taunting the player is a fun memory from the game. Hope you get it working.