Fan Clubs | beta

Most hours straight you've ever played a video game?

Guest milyt g. planet

Guest milyt g. planet
As almost everybody knows, video games take up a lot of time and energy. Some people play video games all day, I've done it myself a couple of times. What's the most hours you've played a video game? What game was it?

I can't remember the name of it but it was logic game I played on my phone during a long flight. I had a huge crick in my neck by the time I solved it. As a child I could play my Nintendo and Gameboy for hours. I'd usually lose my weekends to Mario. Those were good times.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milyt g. planet

@DandyMandy I'm usually more into action-adventure games, but I've been interested in puzzle games lately. If you recall the name of that logic game, I'd be interested to know it.

@Zack T I've heard a lot of people say they've had that same experience with World of Warcraft. It must be really addictive. When Kingdom Hearts first came out, I was really addicted to it and used to play 8 hours a day. Quickly maxed out the hours.

I used to play all games to that sort of extent. When I was a teen, I'd play Final Fantasy or Super Smash Brothers or Mario Party or Kingdom Hearts or WWE games for long long long times too. But WoW is the one that really took over all of that time. If you end up enjoying it, it's the type of game where there's always things to do, and if you have the time, then you may decide to sink it all in the game like I did. Especially if the rest of your life isn't going so well.

I've played a couple of games for at least twelve hours straight. NBA Live, Kingdom Hearts, Fable, and Zelda all come to mind. I'm sure there are more though.

Guest Maya
I don't know the exact number of hours but I'm pretty sure I played Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II all day and all night when I first got my paws on them. Of course, there were breaks for food and whatnot. I haven't played World of Warcraft before, @Zack T, because I knew it would eat up so much of my time. It was best for me to not even start.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest milyt g. planet
@Zack T I haven't played any of the Super Smash Bros. yet, but I've been interested in playing one of the games in the series since I'm into learning about competitive battle games. @Hal I don't know much about Fable or Zelda, but I've heard really good things about both series and thanks to YouTube, I've seen a lot of Zelda gameplay. In the not too distant future, I plan on playing a couple of the Zelda games. @Maya I definitely can relate to playing Kingdom Hearts all day, especically Kingdom Hearts II which left an impression on me with its battle system and in-game animation.

Guest Incredible Iron
I miss the times when I was in college because we played Counter-strike for 2 days straight during weekends. We can't go to our Monday classes because we are all asleep. Those were fun days but we have to grow up. I still play video games every now and then but 2-hour playing time is already a long time nowadays.

Guest milyt g. planet
I played Detroit: Become Human for about 10 hours last weekend.

I reckon that must be some sort of record for me

Ten hours is a long time, but if one enjoys a game and has the free time to spare, I don't see anything wrong with long play sessions.

I haven't played Detroit: Become Human yet. I've heard a lot of criticism regarding David Cage and the quality of the direction and writing in his games. I personally agree with some of those criticisms, and think they can also be applied to Detroit, however, I feel certain things work in the game's favor. Typical divisive "David Cage-isms" blend nicely with, and in some cases enhance the subject matter of advanced self-aware androids and their validity as autonomous beings with free will.

Criticisms notwithstanding, I like look of the game. I think it has very advanced graphics, and I like the high-end facial capture, which really enhances what I feel are very decent performances on the actors' part.

Guest theVman
Ten hours is a long time, but if one enjoys a game and has the free time to spare, I don't see anything wrong with long play sessions.

I haven't played Detroit: Become Human yet. I've heard a lot of criticism regarding David Cage and the quality of the direction and writing in his games. I personally agree with some of those criticisms, and think they can also be applied to Detroit, however, I feel certain things work in the game's favor. Typical divisive "David Cage-isms" blend nicely with, and in some cases enhance the subject matter of advanced self-aware androids and their validity as autonomous beings with free will.

Criticisms notwithstanding, I like look of the game. I think it has very advanced graphics, and I like the high-end facial capture, which really enhances what I feel are very decent performances on the actors' part.

I have never played any of the other david cage games, but i downloaded the demo for DBH from PSN and like it so thought id give the whole game a shot. The thing i like most about the game is that at the end of each chapter it shows you a flowchart of all the decisions you could have made and the direction you chose. The decisions you didnt take are locked so you cant see what happens but you know how different the chapter could have been and what you might like to do next play through. By the end of the game i was genuinely concerned for the outcome of the characters.

As far as im concerned it was the best "Choose you own adventure film" ever. with multiple directions and endings per all three characters it has some re-play ability aswell. I ended up with 75% of the trophies which is the most ive ever got on a PS4 game.

Guest milyt g. planet

@theVman So far, from what I've seen, Detroit has left me with the best impression out of Cage's titles. I'd have to play them to get a real, solid opinion. The visual presentation and acting really sell it for me. A lot of hallmarks of other David Cage games seem to be addressed, improved on and fit well in this game.

Personally, I enjoy story campaigns that are very flexible, and I especially like when a story lets you fail with a main character, them dying or something else, without ending the story there. They explore the world after your character's failure, or let other characters take the main role in order to keep the story going. If I'm not mistaken, Detroit takes the opportunity to do this several times, partly because it's easy since story lines are separate enough for changes in the story to stand out without being hard for the game developers to make the changes needed.

Edited by milyt g. planet