Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones - Saddest Deaths

Guest Weasley

Guest Weasley
We're still a year away from being able to talk about anything new for Game of Thrones, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about things that have already happened. I'm re-watching the series right now and just had to - once again - see the death of one of my favorites, Robb Stark. His death is the second hardest death for me to handle. The first goes to Hodor. That breaks my heart every single time I think about it. What about you all? What deaths hurt you the most?

I was so terribly upset when Hodor died. Brit's aren't much for crying in public, yet I bawled in a crowded room. Just thinking about it makes me teary. I've read that the actor who played Hodor and the actor who played Bran are good friends in real life. I like to think that it allowed Hodor to cheat death just a little.

Those 2 are definitely the saddest ones for me, too. Hodor's was just crushing, and Rob's was so unexpected for me. I loved his character so much :(

I wasn't happy with Geoffrey's death either, to be honest. I wanted him dead, but the way it happened just wasn't very satisfying.

Oberlyn's death was really sad too, loved that guy.

The Red Wedding scarred me! :sadtears: I had no idea what was coming, I watched those final 10 ten minutes with my mouth open. I remember I couldn't sleep at all after the episode (watched it before bed), I felt like I had been punched in the gut.

The other death (besides Hodor) which got to me was Oberyn Martell - and what a way to go! :sadtears:

• Heart 1

The Red Wedding scarred me! :sadtears: I had no idea what was coming, I watched those final 10 ten minutes with my mouth open. I remember I couldn't sleep at all after the episode (watched it before bed), I felt like I had been punched in the gut.

I was just stunned. I cheered when Arya got revenge and it led to my favorite quote, "leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe."

Hodor's death was crushing as was learning that Bran's warging might have accidentally caused Hodor's simplemindedness. I also hated seeing Summer, Bran's direwolf, make the ultimate sacrifice so that Bran could escape. "The Door" was a tough episode.

Guest Weasley

@Poppy, it was a cry-worthy moment! I don't even know if I'm going to be able to watch it during this re-watch. Once is enough, don't you think?

@Zack T Robb was such a great character. I feel like we barely started to really get to know him before they took him away from us. (I won't lie, I was also upset that I'd no longer be getting to see his pretty face.) Ah, yes, I will never be able to fully get rid of the mental image Oberyn's death has left me with. That was horrific.

@Kam I made the ghastly mistake of getting online before catching up on GoT (my boyfriend at the time was making me wait for him). The Red Wedding got spoiled for me. Even then, it was still really hard to watch.

@Ogmore That was a great Arya quote! That episode was probably the roughest for me for all of the reasons you mentioned. My heart hasn't functioned properly since.