Fan Clubs | beta

Are games too easy now?

ShadowEdge

Are games getting too easy to beat now? It doesn't matter what genre the game involves, they all more easily winnable with each new iteration. The latest Donkey Kong on Nintendo Switch was ridiculously easy. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Guest Incredible Iron
Define the word "easy" and the context of easy. There are many games out there that are actually hard to finish, but not hard to play. If you reckon that the game you are currently playing is relatively easy for you, then increase the level of difficulty, which I think most games has it in the settings.

Guest Meerkat
Incredible Iron is right about this. Not all games today are easy. Heck, even Plants Vs Zombies can be difficult to finish. My fingers would be hurting after finishing that game.

Multiplayer games haven't become overly simplified because there's another person or team involved. Otherwise, the latest versions of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Dark Souls II are easily won. Plants vs. Zombies is easy to win. It might make your fingers tired, but it's fairly simple to figure out the winning strategy. Even at their hardest level of difficulty it just feels like games are easier to win now. Part of the satisfaction of winning is figuring things out. There has to be a struggle in order for it to be satisfying - at least to me. Maybe I'm just getting older and gaming difficulty hasn't changed. Of course, kid me would find it harder than adult me. I didn't mean to imply that all games are simple to beat. Every version of Zelda seems tougher than the last. The overall trend feels like games are getting easier to win.

• 1 month later...
Guest Johnny_Schroeder
Now games are too expensive every time they launch heavy games and we need to upgrade PC or Console game CD also its expensive. Its my opinion

• 3 months later...
Guest AndyLBallard
Now games are too expensive every time they launch heavy games and we need to upgrade PC or Console game CD also its expensive. Its my opinion

Yes, exactly. Games are becoming very expensive.