Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Pacquiao Is Back

Guest Incredible Iron

Guest Incredible Iron
The Filipino boxer has won again through knockout victory. Do you think he is back in the game or was he just lucky? He is still fast that I can say, having watched the highlights of the match.

Guest milyt g. planet
I didn't see the fight, but from what I know about his history, I don't think he's lucky, I think he was prepared. From what I remember prior to this fight happening, there was a lot of talk about whether or not he'd ever fight again. He's a professional and so this isn't the first time he's been an underdog going into a match. He's probably comfortable with having something to prove. Glad to hear he won.

Guest Pumba
Underdog or not, he fought well even with his age. I didn't see Roach on his camp so I'm thinking there was a different type of strategy employed in his latest match.

Guest Pumba
He parted with Roach before the fight.

He wasn't lucky, no. I was surprised he stopped Matthyse though.

Do you think the reason for Pacquiao parting with Roach is because of his losing streak?

As for Matthyse, I think he is not well prepared for the fight. His coach was telling him over and over again that he needed to move his head, but he did not so Pacquiao easily landed an uppercut which brought him down, twice.

Guest Meerkat
Luck has nothing to do with this fight. Manny was well prepared for the fight even though the post-interview mentioned that Team Pacquiao didn't do a rigorous training. I think the urge to bring back his former glory made Manny more focused.

Guest Pumba
@Ogmore , you can still watch the full replay on YouTube if you are still interested to watch the match. The fight was short because it ended on the 7th round.

@Pumba I never look on YouTube which is just pathetic, but I always assume the popular matches are taking down as soon as someone puts them up due to copyright infringement. I'm heading there now. Thanks for the tip!