Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Hell in a Cell 2018 Discussion Thread - September 16, 2018 from San Antonio, TX (#10)

TPIB

The tenth annual WWE Hell in a Cell will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on September 16 from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX.

The official theme song for WWE Hell in a Cell is "Glory" by The Score, which is available now on iTunes and Spotify.

wwe-hell-cell-poster-2018.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

Universal Championship: Hell in a Cell Match: Special Referee - Mick Foley:

Roman Reigns © vs. Braun Strowman

Hell in a Cell Match:

Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe

RAW Tag Team Championship:

Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre © vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins

Mixed Tag Match:

Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

RAW Women's Championship:

Ronda Rousey © vs. Alexa Bliss

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Charlotte Flair © vs. Becky Lynch

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Kickoff Match:

The New Day © vs. Rusev Day

Edited by TPIB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theVman
Im not really feeling this Orton/Hardy fued. Not enough for it to be inside a HITC, i feel like they have wasted a cell match on this. Id rather see Charlotte and Becky in a Cell Match

Guest Ascension25

The tenth annual WWE Hell in a Cell will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on September 16 from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX.

The official theme song for WWE Hell in a Cell is "Glory" by The Score, which is available now on iTunes and Spotify.

wwe-hell-cell-poster-2018.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

Universal Championship: Hell in a Cell Match:

Roman Reigns © vs. Braun Strowman

Hell in a Cell Match:

Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe

Mixed Tag Match:

Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

RAW Women's Championship:

Ronda Rousey © vs. Alexa Bliss

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Charlotte Flair © vs. Becky Lynch

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:

The New Day © vs. Rusev Day or Cesaro & Sheamus

My predictions:

Roman to retain.

Hardy over Orton.

Joe to win WWE title.

Daniel and Brie winning the tag match.

Both Charlotte and Rousey to retain their respective titles.

New Day to retain the tag titles.

Edited by Kam

Guest Aiden Thomson
Can his back take huge jumps now, he has had quite a lot of injuries over the last few years.

I don't think he will do a swanton bomb for his back but i do think he will jump from the cell. I can't think of any reason why this match would be in the cell otherwise as it isn't one of the main feuds.

i think Randy will throw Jeff from the Cell as oppose to Hardy jumping from the top. I think they will try to emulate the Mankind bump from 20 years ago.

Guest OrlandoStrong
i think Randy will throw Jeff from the Cell as oppose to Hardy jumping from the top. I think they will try to emulate the Mankind bump from 20 years ago.

wow. I remember that move, one of the greatest of all times !!

When does the predictions comp open???

It's open now :)

If any new matches get announced we'll try and add them in - so make sure you finalise your predictions on the weekend. You can save predictions now...then amend where necessary anytime up until the kick-off show.

The poster art is just awful

Jeff had said not too long ago he wanted a hell in a cell match, it's one of the only match types he's never had. And I agree, he probably volunteered to do some crazy bump to justify it. Otherwise, while this Randy/Jeff feud had a moment of fierceness, it's mostly been whatever.

No Nakamura? No Balor? No Owens? Lame

Braun is gonna lose the match. I'm really hoping they decide to pretend Braun lost his cash in, but in reality Baron/Steph just made the match and are holding on to the briefcase for him and he randomly cashes it in later in a huge surprise.

No Nakamura? No Balor? No Owens? Lame.

Agreed. They might put them on the Kickoff at the last minute but, even so, it will still be lame.

I find it interesting that they put the U.S. Title on Nakamura but haven't done anything with him since. They could have kept the title on Jeff and just not have it be on the line at Hell in a Cell. The fact that they didn't do that kind of fuels the speculation that Jeff is supposed to take some time off for back issues. I don't know if that is still the plan or not, but some sort of big spot in the Hell in a Cell match is a good way to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Lashley on the Kickoff at the last minute or have some sort of match or segment with them on the main show.

As for Finn Balor, they just kind of dropped that whole angle with him and Corbin. Corbin used his power as GM to get a win over Balor but that was it. Finn never tried avenging the loss or anything.

Orton/Hardy was gory! That moment when Randy puts the screwdriver in Jeff's ear was disgusting, had to look away! Then seeing the skin peeling off Randy's leg :sick2:

So happy Becky won - great match too :inlove: I was thinking they might try to keep Charlotte undefeated on PPV until Mania then facing Rousey.

The Raw tag match was excellent!

Wasn't too fussed about the mixed tag match.

Rousey/Bliss was OK too...I just don't know where Ronda goes from here...I can't see anyone beating her on the Raw roster.

I really hope Joe wins the title at the Super ShowDown.

Roman still got booed - even after turning Braun heel and reuniting with The Shield :lol: Seeing Brock was a surprise...but it still feels rather pointless if he's not going to be around much.

I was going into this PPV thinking it was going to a complete crap show, boy was I wrong on two counts at least, Orton/Hardy and the raw tag title match were fantastic, glad Becky but wwe still trying to push Becky as a hell, mixed tag match was meh, Joe ay told a great story and that finish leads to another match I think Joe wins in Austraila, women title match was total trash, Ronda should have just squashed Bliss, Universal title was terrible, wwe needed that finish to save it, and Rusev Day should have beaten the New Day