Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Super Show-Down 2018 Discussion Thread - October 6, 2018 from Melbourne, Australia

TPIB

The inaugural WWE Super Show-Down will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on Saturday, October 6 at 5AM ET/4AM CT from the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in Melbourne, Australia.

fJbAV0C.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

Last Time Ever:

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe

6-Man Tag:

The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, & Drew McIntyre

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

John Cena & Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens & Elias

6-Woman Tag:

Ronda Rousey & The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Charlotte Flair © vs. Becky Lynch

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:

The New Day © vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

Asuka & Naomi vs. The IIconics

Cruiserweight Championship:

Cedric Alexander © vs. Buddy Murphy

I want Joe to win :-O

I really hope WWE put on a good show. I wasn't impressed with The Greatest Royal Rumble PPV in Saudia Arabia, it didn't feel as though anyone put any real effort into it. I hope WWE and the Superstars are more excited about Australia. I know they wouldn't want anything to match the spectacle of a WrestleMania but they could do a better job with progressing the storylines and a little more effort into the matches :)

Guest theVman
but they could do a better job with progressing the storylines and a little more effort into the matches :)

I think Supershow down will be a bit more relevant than the greatest rumble show just because the winner of Miz/Bryan will get a title shot at the WWE champ and i fully expect Buddy Murphy to take the CW title. I cant really see any of the other matches impacting the WWE at all. The way i see it these are just massive house shows, so im happy they are on the network at all.

5 Tag matches and 5 singles matches

How about that.

I honestly think Greatest Rumble sucked so much because they must've had a clue that the arena was gonna be filled with people who actually don't give a crap about wrestling or know much about it, and that WWE was primarily doing it just for the giant payday they'd get out of it.

I haven't been watching WWE since I started my new job much, but I do read results so I can keep up with it. Gotta figure out where to fit it in to my life. Or start remembering to stream it live. Anyway, I likely won't watch this but maybe I will at some point. It does have some good stuff on it.

If Samoa Joe doesn't win the WWE title, I dunno what's next for him. This has got to be the final chapter here. But then again, if Joe wins, there's a rematch coming after this, probably in Saudi Arabia. So I dunno. If he loses, we're done with this feud. If he wins, we've got at least 1 more match to go. And while I like Joe/AJ, this is becoming like AJ/Shinsuke in that they're making them fight way too many times. 3 matches is the limit that you should do in a row, and that's only if it's tied at 1 win each and needs a tiebreaker. Otherwise, 2 makes more sense, or even just 1. Dragging the feud out over 4 or 5 matches just sucks the life out of it. It's really hard to do. At this point even Johnny and Ciampa need a break from each other.

Intrigued about Taker and Triple H for sure, but if they're building to a tag match, then it's not really "FOR THE LAST TIME" is it? Asshats. I could see Triple H winning this time since it's not WrestleMania and I don't think he's actually ever beaten Undertaker 1 on 1 before. Could finally get that W.

Shield vs Dolph StrowMcIntyre should be a good match. Shield should win, unless Dean turns.

Becky and Charlotte should be good too, I do want to see that. I figure Becky retains.

New Day and The Bar is hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised to see The Bar win, though.

Cedric probably will retain over Buddy Murphy. Glad Buddy is doing something though, I always liked him more than Wesley Blake.

I hope Daniel Bryan wins over the Miz this time, both for the feud and also to see Bryan vs Joe or Bryan vs Styles.

Naomi/Asuka vs IIconics is a throwaway, but I wouldn't be surprised if the IIconics pull off a win (pinning Naomi) in their homeland.

Cena/Lashley handily defeat Owens/Elias

Bella's/Rousey likely beat Riott Squad, especially if Liv Morgan can't compete and they substitute someone else on there.

Let us know how the live show experience was @BamBamsGurlMoo - stadium looked great!

Much better show than the Saudi one. Some random thoughts:

- I knew the Becky/Charlotte match was going to end in a DQ...they seem to want to extend all their feuds across multiple PPVs (I guess as they do so many)...although I'm enjoying it so I can't complain :lol:

- With added hair and some weight loss...John Cena seems to have aged about 10 years!

- As soon as The Iconics began talking on their way to the ring I thought they were going to turn on the crowd. When they didn't I was sure they were going to lose. Glad they didn't!

- Samoa Joe lost! :info7:He's failed at getting either world title on either brand. What's next for him? I suppose after AJ has finished with Daniel Bryan he'll still have Miz and possibly Randy Orton to feud with.

- Fantastic reaction for Buddy Murphy - so glad he won! :banana:

- After the way Bryan defeated Miz, I get the feeling he'll interject himself in the Styles/Bryan feud

- I guess we'll get the Taker/Kane vs Triple H/HBK match at the Saudi event in a few weeks time

Just looking ahead, we've got the Evolution PPV on October 28th, followed by the Saudi show 5 days later...followed by Survivor Series 16 days later o_O

Guest BamBamsGurlMoo
It was an amazing event. Arena was awesome. Only disappointing match was Bryan v miz. Ended way to early. Loved aj v Joe. I felt the crowd were a little less enthusiastic then normal but might have just been my section

Last Time Ever:

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

Two Future hall of famers put on a decent match, Brothers of Destruction turned heel? tag match at crown jewel confirmed

WWE Championship:

AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe

All that build, while this was, in my opinion, the best match on the show, but having Joe tap soured the match for me

6-Man Tag:

The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, & Drew McIntyre

Have, to be honest, didn't care for this match, build up a possible Ambrose heel that didn't happen.

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

The quick ending was a bit of a shock not sure if it was a botched finish or not but could see Miz costing Bryan the title at Crown Jewel.

John Cena & Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens & Elias

This match totally sucked Elias and Owens completely wasted here

6-Woman Tag:

Ronda Rousey & The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad

Meh.

SmackDown Women's Championship:

Charlotte Flair © vs. Becky Lynch

We get Charlotte is greater than Becky, and that's what the ending of this match was about, Becky isn't better than Charlotte.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:

The New Day © vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

A decent match, but lead to the question, who is left for the New Day to face.

Asuka & Naomi vs. The IIconics

While is great the IIconics won, Asuka dancing with Naomi is further proof of the Asuka burial on the main roster

Cruiserweight Championship:

Cedric Alexander © vs. Buddy Murphy

Second Best Match on the show will be interested to see if Murphy gets a long run

Edited by Kam