Fan Clubs | beta

Pokemon Detective Pikachu

Guest North

I saw the trailer yesterday, but I still don't know how to feel about it today. It looks nice, but it feels strange, and it sounds even stranger. I don't dislike it, but I don't know what to expect of the movie either.

What about you?

It's cute! Some will probably dislike it, but that Pikachu is just like how I imagine he will be if he ever comes out to the real world. I thought he would have fewer expressions than what we saw on the trailer. I hope his "pika pika" voice is the one we'll hear through the movie, but I think I can live with Reynolds' voice. I just have to stop thinking about Deadpool in my head every time he talks.

I just have to stop thinking about Deadpool in my head every time he talks.

I remember many fun scenes from Deadpool, so it's going to feel weird when such a cute creature reminds me of the hot fun mess which is Deadpool. With a plot which doesn't seem related to catching monsters at all, we are probably going for something completely different than the usual Pokemon.

That's the thing about Reynolds' Deadpool and other character voices. It's easy for him to sound snarky, which is what I do not connect to Pikachu!

What do you think if they plan on making that kind of image for the live-action version of Pikachu? I am not familiar with the original materials, but Pikachu is usually cute but not very bright there as far as I know. Creating a talkative, crazy-but-in-a-funny-way Pikachu for the movie may actually become the charm of the film.