Fan Clubs (beta)

Your favorite Christmas (or winter) music

Boomer

Guest AmyRichmond
I'll go first: The Vince Guaraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5. Others are fine as long as they're not playing on a never-ending loop!

Wow, I like Vince Guaraldi too - but I have hardly ever met anyone else who likes him.

As for Christmas music, I like all the British traditional Christmas hit singles: Wizzard, Slade, Mud, Wham, and the Band Aid single. However, I can do without hearing Christmas music everywhere I go. It can be particularly irksome when you are in the supermarket and they are blaring out non-stop Christmas tunes.

Guest Cherry-Chan
Wow, I like Vince Guaraldi too - but I have hardly ever met anyone else who likes him.

As for Christmas music, I like all the British traditional Christmas hit singles: Wizzard, Slade, Mud, Wham, and the Band Aid single. However, I can do without hearing Christmas music everywhere I go. It can be particularly irksome when you are in the supermarket and they are blaring out non-stop Christmas tunes.

I certainly agree with that last part. Endless tinny Christmas music playing everywhere at Christmas time sometimes is a bit much.

What I do like though are the brass bands that sometimes play in the street and in the shops at this time of year. In fact I like the live music at this time of year generally. Christmas choirs sound good. I sometimes go to Christmas choir concerts and they are quite good.

Guest BamBamsGurlMoo
And she's not afraid to admit it either - BOOM! I still rock out to Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas album. You know, since we're being all honest here.

Hahaha high five for not being ashamed haha

What I do like though are the brass bands that sometimes play in the street and in the shops at this time of year.

Yes! Brass instruments add much warmth and some softness to the traditional carols. "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is one of my favorites with horns.