Fan Clubs | beta

Ben Affleck out as Batman

Poppy

Warner Bros. is casting its new Batman film and it will have a new super hero. The film will focus on a young Bruce Wayne. Ben Affleck was set to star in the movie and to help write the film, but I don't believe he's involved at all anymore. I can't say I'm surprised as he seemed to flounder in the role in Batman v. Superman and Justice League. So now that Affleck is out, who do you think should take his place as the Caped Crusader?

To be fair, I think Ben Affleck wanted out of the role ever since it first bombed with fans and critics. I can't say I blame him. I think @headrush is straight on about casting Richard Madden in the role. I think Jack O'Connell would be a good bet too. He's young enough at 28 and he's not as well-known, so there are fewer expectations and biases about how he should act. Sometimes it's hard to see some well-established actors as Batman as we've built the hero up in our heads over the years.

By the way, who do you think made the most credible Batman so far? I'm going with Christian Bale in the Dark Knight.