Fan Clubs | beta

Mortal Kombat

Guest Chuckyy

Guest Chuckyy
The new Mortal Kombat is coming out in a few days. I'm pretty psyched to play it. I had a lot of fun playing Mortal Kombat X. The system requirements were pretty crazy, but the game looked incredible. I'm interested to see how they improved upon something that was already super polished. Edited by Chuckyy

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
I'm looking forward to this one as well. I hope they fixed the online play mode from Mortal Combat X. I could never get it to work because it said my FPS was too low or something? Otherwise, fantastic game. I love playing as Jason.

Mortal KOMBAT. WITH A K.

I never got into the Mortal Kombat series. When the first one came out, I didn't have a Sega at the time. I did get one not too long after, but honestly fighting games have never really been my thing for the most part. Street Fighter wasn't my jam either. The only serious fighting game I ever really got into was Soul Calibur series, and I was average at best.

Though I will say the new 90's rap commercial for Mortal Kombat was freakin dope, I loved it. Had a good mix of awesome, bad-ass, and self depreciating humor.

Guest Chuckyy
I could have sworn I typed Kombat. I think my spellcheck auto-corrected it. Anyway, I never really got into Street Fighter either. Something about it seems cheesy to me. I've been playing Mortal Kombat since the old Sega days so it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me now.

Guest macroclick
I find the combo timing is forgiving in Mortal Kombat games. Thankfully too, considering you'd have to be part cyborg to be able to play competitive fighting games these days. The last one I played was Mortal Kombat X on the PC and the single player campaign was as compelling as you would expect. It had a bunch of fluff "outer world" running around that leads to the inevitable fight to begin.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest browncoat
The "buy in" time or "warm up" time for these games is just too intense these days. They've kept the same or almost identical mechanics since the first release in the 90's for all the characters and haven't released many new ones over the years. You'd have to already be a world class gamer to enjoy the competitive aspect of them these days.