Fan Clubs | beta

Browser game with a great story that is fun to play on break

Guest browncoat

Guest browncoat

I'm always on the lookout for a simple yet complicated game that serves up something interesting in short time allotments. Most people refer to these as "browser" games, but most of these style of games are now released through the app stores as "mobile" games. Either way, the premise is simple, provide something fun to do periodically throughout your day but only in a few minutes at a time.

I recently got into the game Fallen London (https://www.fallenlondon.com) and am loving it. If you're not into reading this might not be the game for you, but the creators of the game are fantastic storytellers. The game itself reminds me of some of the best older browser games and forms a nice community of players with tons and tons of things to do alone or together. I haven't spent much time with the trade or shop system yet, but that's on my list. I'm currently grinding up my "Shadowy" skill so I can pick pocket better to hopefully get the attention of the mob!

Guest Mecha Jaraxxus
I've been on the hunt for a nice browser game, so thanks for posting this recommendation. I love text heavy games so that won't be an issue for me. I checked out the game really quickly and it has a great aesthetic. Wow! I can't wait to sink some time into it. Perhaps we can work together on some of the missions?

It has been a while since I came across a nice browser game so thank you for this recommendation. I am into reading and I guess it would be great to try this out.

Are there some tricks and skills that you have picked up along the way?

Guest browncoat
From what I can gather so far, you should pick one of the stats that you want to work on and try to focus on it exclusively for awhile. Each characteristic seems to lead to it's own variety of tasks and parts of the city, so some of them might not be as easy to level up as others in the beginning. I went Shadowy and am having a blast. I spent some time on Perception for one of the tasks and kind of regret it now. At least I didn't invest too many points into it and I'm sure I'll continue grinding it up one day but right now I'm trying to get infamous status!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest macroclick
I've never been fond of browser games for their lack of depth, but you've got me curious about this one when you mention that it's a story focused game like the old text games. Has anyone else played Forum Wars? It's the only browser game to date that has really kept my interest. Just mentioning it makes me want to find it and play again!