Fan Clubs | beta

Fading 3D Movies

Guest Revenger

Guest Revenger
There are still several movies being created that have the 3D option. However, I think this type of movie entertainment is fading fast. I prefer watching a film in HD as there is no hassle of wearing 3D glasses.

Yeah, I'm not a fan; I don't feel like it enhances my experience.

I wanted to take my nieces to see Toy Story last week, but the only standard showing was not at a very kid-friendly time (8:40 PM). There was an earlier showing at 5 something, but it was 3D and both of them wear glasses. And I can't find 3D clip-ons for kids.

Guest Pumba
The only time I enjoyed watching a 3D film was the 3D show at Disneyland. It was actually a 4D experience because I smelled the cinnamon scent and had water sprinkled at me at the right moment the film show something related to the cinnamon smell and the water splash.

I've never been into 3D. I've seen some movies in 3D, like Endgame. But it's never been my choice to see 3D unless someone else is paying for it.

Until we get 3D like we saw in Back To The Future 2, I'm not really interested.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 3D TV and there's a good selection of 3D movies on Blu-ray that I enjoy, but I don't bother with it often. Part of what makes 3D so appealing is that it's unusual. Like watching a premium version of the movie. Viewing 3D often takes away that uniqueness, or maybe my brain just adapts and the cool factor no longer registers. The glasses get annoying as well.

I have a 3D TV and there's a good selection of 3D movies on Blu-ray that I enjoy, but I don't bother with it often. Part of what makes 3D so appealing is that it's unusual. Like watching a premium version of the movie. Viewing 3D often takes away that uniqueness, or maybe my brain just adapts and the cool factor no longer registers. The glasses get annoying as well.

Well, I'm yet to get a 3D TV but the truth is that we don't lose much by going for a 2D movie as compared to the 3D option. Yes you may get more vivid and life-like experience by watching a 3D movie except that the glasses discourage most people from following this route.

That's true @jack25 but most of the 3D movies on Blu-ray discs include a free digital download to the 2D version. So you get both versions for the price of one. I've never worn prescription or reading glasses so maybe that's why the 3D glasses got annoying. I don't think they're making these televisions anymore, so I bet the TVs are hard to find and I doubt many new 3D Blu-ray discs will be made. It's the end of a novelty TV. Edited by ShadowEdge