Fan Clubs | beta

Who's Buying the Switch Lite?

Guest Toby80

Guest Toby80

As someone who is always on the move, the Switch Lite appeals to me as it would be a great travel companion. The original Switch was a little bit out of my price range and so I never purchased one but I think I could justify the lower price of the Lite. I know there are some other drawbacks which some people may not be keen on but to me, it looks alright. Is anyone else planning on getting one?

wwpA0jZgDo8WoXt2Gzm9cIVJZr0f1XWIOrx1AcmJD9jgMIUUjNvX5ZZB9u1diD8LbVr68H11oZm3p3DpCh-4i4-R60ryronWrFkbrdkdunh-XdWdOdNT1oJD0AmSctdA8WUIDAIla4Mdna0-92Lr0xAcmwgbC5vAVPaK1iz7D1q3IDs1dXq4ZnvG34H2QLP5g5qu3l0IOpqfAKAxBacA0FvNvWWAiLxMxwxsLbmI30ja7C9Sd78D7yB53Lq4Xc8Bbrzdqw_vGUUDYHnDGQ6Rnvbj4xPAfNMWVPRhDhoapPbXi5G-ebmVshlA5RrTUTOQ0qnL-z0yXJCsqbwfdfiJ_LJm3LeLh4whRSurCcnDrdKFlhcoPvZSkaekW5A4V5lbwf7TUPodR5zPOXNL_zXUgChFZDQe0lP5ui7NCLsvtpM7R_vXc4S8aQ-O0AOhLCSVdIiYYSrD5vdfH83WDPhq1wv0D78uJBVdEnaQ74RhTf7ihq1MWBP3SUl0uczz0hWPNCmW9DKIMGmA9Iz3AXmSttwSNQnV7qEpiffm0JwqOtT9dB-YbnTJuJTQv7tJm8m79c_wtyNuY9R7FBHqKlOV3huqvyCtDVK2HT3t8-gDxjp8aUd1UXtntCKUNZtILLhsxvcHFZ-krJsSKwZ4ZgZPu7SD1Ow15Q=w984-h937-no

Image Source

Yep, I'm getting one. I have the Nintendo Switch and I mostly play it in handheld mode, so I don't mind that the Lite version doesn't work with the television. The Lite model has a better battery life and it's easier to pack away and carry around. What's not to like? Though I do hope they come out with a Pro version eventually and I was expecting that instead of the Lite. But yeah, I'm in for one.

I have the Nintendo Switch and I'm probably going to trade it in for the newer version of the console. It has a longer battery life and it's important to me that I am able to switch playing modes which is what drew me to the Switch in the first place. So the Lite version is a pass for me. Will the same games work for both? Since I'm not buying one, I didn't think about that factor until just now. I would be more inclined to buy if the same games were compatible with both models.

The Switch Lite is going to be launched on September 20 but my question is, what makes it different? See, standard Switch functions either as a home console that you can connect to your TV or as a portable handheld device. On the other hand, the Switch Lite will only function as a portable handheld device.

• 2 weeks later...

The Switch Lite is going to be launched on September 20 but my question is, what makes it different? See, standard Switch functions either as a home console that you can connect to your TV or as a portable handheld device. On the other hand, the Switch Lite will only function as a portable handheld device.

I prefer that simple function. If that means I'm getting a stronger battery power on the road, then yes, I don't need my portable platform to be way overcomplicated.

I'd love to get one, but I can't find titles interesting enough to play. Suggestions, please!

I prefer that simple function. If that means I'm getting a stronger battery power on the road, then yes, I don't need my portable platform to be way overcomplicated.

I'd love to get one, but I can't find titles interesting enough to play. Suggestions, please!

I think you're mistaken there. Nintendo does plan on releasing a new Switch stronger than the first version, but that's not Lite. Lite gives up some features and screen for a cheaper price. For games, the console has titles from Mario Kart to Fire Emblem, so that's quite a nice, wide selection.