Fan Clubs | beta

Current reality TV

whaleshark

I have a close mate who watches regularly and she's been disappointed in this season's contestants and in the judges' decisions. But, she's always been a bit picky.

What is making her disappointed? I have found pretty much all of the contestants, in all the seasons, impressive. It takes a desire for precision to be a competent baker, a quality I sorely lack!

• Heart 1

What is making her disappointed? I have found pretty much all of the contestants, in all the seasons, impressive. It takes a desire for precision to be a competent baker, a quality I sorely lack!

I've always been impressed too, and I'm usually as snarky as can be when it comes to reality programmes. But then again, I'm not much in the kitchen, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, she's complained about the dishes not being inventive enough and the judges picking winners for the drama that they bring to the table. In other words, she thinks this season hasn't focused enough on talent.

• Heart 1

Survivor and The Amazing Race were my best reality shows ever. Lately, I haven't been so consistent but Top Chef, America's Got Talent, and The Worst Cooks in America are my other favourites. I just added The Great British Bake Off to my 'to-watch' list. Is it too late to play catch up?