Fan Clubs | beta

Are you into aromatherapy?

Guest Wild4U

Guest Wild4U
I'm thinking about buying an aromatherapy oil or candle for my sister's birthday. (As far as I know, she's into beauty-related stuff, but not aromatherapy.) I'm not a big fan of it, but I've heard of the positive effects. I'm just not sure which types I need to get.

I don't buy into the woo aspects of it, but I do think certain scents can be comforting, energizing, or whatever. I think It's mostly due to your perception of that scent from childhood memories. Does your sister have a favorite scent? If it was me, I'd probably go with a gift card out of fear that I'd pick the wrong scent.

It feels nice being around fresh coffee or cookies just out of the oven. Peeling oranges is pretty great, too. Not sure how I feel about those aromatherapy machines. Might just be bad timing, but the scents from the ones I walk by are overpowering.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

……... the smell of coffee and bacon always gets me going in the morning.

From Wikipedia: "Aromatherapy is a pseudoscience based on the usage of aromatic materials, including essential oils, and other aroma compounds, with claims for improving psychological or physical well-being."

So if you want to get technical, the smell of coffee in the morning is a form of aromatherapy. The psychological well-being aspect being that you're feeling better knowing the coffee is on the way.

That being the case, yes, I practice aromatherapy every morning.