Fan Clubs | beta

Forgoing Christmas

Dust and Rust

I've been a partial Scrooge for a while. Gifts for my nephew and nieces only, and mailed cards to a handful of relatives and friends. If I get invited to a Christmas party (maybe 1 or 2 at most a year), I bring a decent but non-pricey bottle of wine or liquor. My only decorations are a few jingle bells on my doorknob.

I just can't afford to go as all-out as I'd like, not even halfway, and knowing that is honestly a little stressful.

I love Christmas and would never consider not going all out for it. I adore everything about the holiday. It's the one time of year that people seem to practice "good will towards men." And that's sad, but I'll take what I can get. I see nothing wrong with skipping Christmas if it's not your thing though.

@Boomer it sounds like you're doing loads really. It's thoughtful of you to buy pressies for your nephew and niece even when things are tight, and the wine sounds lovely.