Fan Clubs | beta

Being a homebody

headrush

I can entertain myself easily at home, thanks to the glories of the internet. Sometimes I feel a little guilty about how much I like staying in, even on clear sunny weekends. I like traveling but can wait long periods before the next trip. Do you consider yourself a homebody?

I wouldn't call myself adventurous because I don't mind being outdoors hiking, mountain climbing or socializing. On the other hand, staying at home with a book at hand excites me. There is a lot that one can do on the internet. So in a way, striking a balance becomes the preferred option.

While I would like to be able to participate in more activities, I think what I really want is to have more of an option to participate in these things. Things like paintball, bowling, laser tag, whatever random stuff I feel into - But I don't actually want to go do them hardly ever, I just want to feel like I have the freedom and ability to. Which I usually do feel that freedom, and then I spend it at home instead because that's just what I prefer to do more often than not.

I have found that a lot of people prefer staying home as they get up in age. Some people have always been like that, while most seem to have to grow into that lifestyle.

I have been a homebody for the longest time, and I agree that some people grow into this. Every time I get out of this comfort zone, I have to find time to stay indoors, and recharge!

• Heart 1

Yeah, and I find that I get anxiety if I'm "out there" for too long. This isn't a reflection on people in general, this is all me. It's a me thing.

Every time I am out there, I keep looking forward to getting home and enjoying some solitude. Is it about some people being introverted and extroverted at the same time?