Fan Clubs | beta

Favorite actors

RandyW

Who is your favorite actor? Will you watch a movie just because they are in it?

I've always loved Nicolas Cage and Adam Sandler. I think I've watched every movie they have been on. A lot of disappointments for sure.

Who do you like? I'm looking for some new movies.

There are several actors and actresses that I usually enjoy watching like Tim Curry, Daniel Craig, Sandra Bullock, and Jamie Lee Curtis, but I won't catch a film just because one of them are in it. Even my favourites have had some disappointing roles.

Nicholas Cage was in a league of his own, and so was Denzel Washington. Face Off, Bad Lieutenant, Training Day, Inside Man, and Deja Vu are other movies I enjoyed. Titus Welliver is another accomplished actor.

I have a fair few favourites in each genre. I do make it a point to watch flicks that star certain people, especially when the film has two or more actors that play off each other well. Pairs like Jack Lemmon with Walter Matthau, with Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson, and Owen Wilson with Vince Vaughn make my must-see list for the most part.

@RandyW, Nicholas Cage is so hit-or-miss that it's unreal. I've never seen him give a mediocre performance. What's the best character you've seen him portray?

I have a fair few favourites in each genre. I do make it a point to watch flicks that star certain people, especially when the film has two or more actors that play off each other well. Pairs like Jack Lemmon with Walter Matthau, with Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson, and Owen Wilson with Vince Vaughn make my must-see list for the most part.

@RandyW, Nicholas Cage is so hit-or-miss that it's unreal. I've never seen him give a mediocre performance. What's the best character you've seen him portray?

Castor Troy in Face/Off! My favorite Cage movie. I mean, there are so many to choose from. I loved Conair, The Rock and many more. I chose Face/Off because I love John Travolta too. The two together was a great movie.

I am not so good with names, so I either don't recall a favorite actor's name or don't quickly remember the title of a movie. Nonetheless, the names in this thread remind me of certain movies I watched and enjoyed in the past. It could be the right time for me to start paying more attention!