Fan Clubs (beta)

Zoom

Crompy

@Crompy, I usually just use Group FaceTime. You can add up to 32 people.

@Spade, it depends on which plan you have and I think only the free version puts limits on session time. I've never tried it though. There was a big thing recently about Parliament being told not to use Zoom for confidential business because China might be spying through the videoconferencing software. I'm not sure if Zoom is the only tool that's vulnerable to this. I imagine not.

I never used Zoom for social gathering online. As far as I know there is time limit for each session on Zoom. Or am I missing something?

Yeah, if it's a group of 2 or more, Zoom kicks everyone out in 40 minutes. You get a 10-minute warning, at least. I know that there's a Pro service for a monthly fee, but I don't use it enough to pay for uninterrupted time.

I don’t know about China but honestly different rumours have been crazily spread recently everywhere and I feel like it’s just creating more and more fear. And this is very likely what politicians want for their own political purposes. The world is getting crazier and crazier (as always though).

Everywhere I go, I hear someone mention Zoom, then I ask myself, why haven't I joined the bandwagon yet? @Boomer, I heard about groups getting kicked out after 40 minutes, then having to go through the trouble of logging in again. It makes sense for those who use it frequently to pay for a subscription service.

Forget my naivety, but how does the company behind Zoom generate revenue when the majority of users access it for free? I see how inconveniencing it can be to get kicked out after 40 mins. Would you trust this app when holding classified discussions?

Forget my naivety, but how does the company behind Zoom generate revenue when the majority of users access it for free? I see how inconveniencing it can be to get kicked out after 40 mins. Would you trust this app when holding classified discussions?

Zoom is among the companies that have recently experienced a surge in revenue. Towards the end of March this year, Eric Yuan (founder of Zoom's Video Communications Inc.) had added $20 million to his net worth. His fortune (then) was estimated to be around $5.6 billion.

Edited by didge

Zoom is getting its name sound in the stock market lately. I suppose some business at behind was done. Haven’t done any research on it so I am not completely sure...