Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Rules  ·  Free

Half-Life

Freeman's Mind

worm

I want to share with you this on-going series I started watching back in 2009, so you can suffer with me while waiting for new episodes, yay! 😁

If you are a Half-Life fan, you might have come across these series. At first glance it may seem like a let's play or a walkthrough, but it's more than that; the creator, Ross Scott, puts himself in the shoes of the game's protagonist, Gordon Freeman, and progresses through the game in a slower and more "realistic" way (to a certain degree obviously) while we, the viewers, listen to his thoughts , which are very funny and well thought out. It is an immersive series where it shows us Gordon Freeman in a more in a more narcissistic, arrogant, distracted and neurotic way.

He already finished Half-Life (after so many years) and he started Half-Life 2 a few years back and it's still going (the releases are slow as usual, you can wait for a new episode for months or even years)

The playlist (it includes both Half-Life 1 and 2)

Edited by worm
added tags

I vaguely remember coming across this series years ago, but completely forgot about it. I just finished the first episode, but I'm definitely coming back to this! Ever since Red vs Blue was introduced, I've always been on the lookout for more content in a similar vein. Thanks for sharing!

30 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

Ever since Red vs Blue was introduced, I've always been on the lookout for more content in a similar vein

Red vs Blue is truly a classic! Halo videos from early 2000s were something else.

If you like that kind of content, I think Civil Protection might strike a chord in you because of the resemblance to the original Red vs Blue in some way. Also from Ross Scott.

22 hours ago, worm said:

Red vs Blue is truly a classic! Halo videos from early 2000s were something else.

If you like that kind of content, I think Civil Protection might strike a chord in you because of the resemblance to the original Red vs Blue in some way. Also from Ross Scott.

I'm never going to get caught up 😆. But you can bet I'm going to try.