Fan Clubs (beta)

Texas Chain Saw Massacre Reviews are in!

Mike

It's looking more and more like fans of Friday the 13th: The Game are going to enjoy Sumo Digital's newest title.

Reviews on Open Critic currently sit at a 78% Critic Average, and it's recommended by 62% of critics who reviewed the game. The only complaint I'm seeing are mentions of some technical issues, which hopefully can be patched out. Can't wait to jump into this one!

For comparison, Friday the 13th the Game had a 61% average and was recommended by 19% of critics.

Review Highlights:

• Wccftech - Players who have plenty of experience with the genre will find a wonderful treat with this game compared to more prominent titles such as Dead by Daylight, thanks to its potential for more skill-based gameplay.
  • GameSpot - The adaptation of one of the scariest movies ever made becomes one of the scariest games I've ever played.
  • Shacknews - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a splendid new entry in the asymmetrical multiplayer family. Its recreation of the characters and locations from the 1974 movie is deeply impressive, as it’s abundantly clear that authenticity was a top priority during development... It's one that I look forward to playing both casually and competitively with friends whenever I want a good scare.
  • Attack of the Fanboy - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is an addictive and spine-chilling experience that comes neatly wrapped in a patchwork parcel of skin and bone.
  • Windows Central - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre presents a distinctive virtual house of nightmares unlike any of its asymmetrical contemporaries. Every match feels like a bite-sized, three-act horror flick packed with gripping tension, genuine scares, and gratuitous murder.
  • COGconnected - As a diehard fan of the original film, Sumo Digital’s take on its disturbing universe is faithful, suspenseful, and a hell of a lot of fun.
  • PC Invasion - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game does not just use the horror franchise as an aesthetic but builds its core mechanics around the film's essence. The cinematography, music, and tone have been studied with religious fervor to recreate the macabre world Tobe Hooper created almost 50 years ago. Moreover, the gameplay and character progression give it the "just one more" feeling that is severely missing from other asymmetrical horror titles. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game transforms the iconic franchise into a terrifying experience that will haunt players for a long time.
  • PCGamesN - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a killer game for fans of the asymmetrical horror genre, thanks to its beautiful maps, varied gameplay, and unique 4v3 balance.
  • Multiplayer First - This is one for horror aficionados and everyone else who likes a good old-fashioned game of murderer cat, and stealthy mouse.
  • Try Hard Guides - It’s a game that can be as tense as it is beautiful, with each match introducing you to something new from the world of the movies.
  • Prima Games - I find myself being drawn back into the grips of the Sawyer family more often than I would like to admit. Whether you choose to side with the cruel and sadistic Family, or you decide to step into the shoes of the Victims that they've ruthlessly captured, you're in for a multiplayer experience unlike anything else on the market.
  • SVG - (Texas Chain Saw Massacre) effectively presents a game of cat-and-mouse that can be as terrifying as it is exhilarating.
  • The Gamer - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is the asymmetric horror game fully realised. It weaves the horror of one of the slasher genre’s most guttural and unsettling movies with the thrill of Dead by Daylight’s action beautifully and stands a chance at finally offering a true competitor in the genre.
  • Entertainment Geekly - Texas Chain Saw Massacre stands as a gruesome tribute to its cinematic roots, an intense gameplay experience that will resonate with fans and newcomers alike.
  • Seasoned Gaming - At the heart of Gun Media’s latest venture into Asymmetrical Horror lies an immensely fun and faithful dive into a legendary franchise.