Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Where to for ECW now?

Guest Chriscare

Guest dpddave
Finlay no star power? He's taken a gimmick meant to bury and given it a life all of its own!!!! Finlay rocks. Little B rocks. This cannot be disputed. But seriously, its a good idea to move him though, because Extreme Hornswoggle sounds too cool for words.

I dont think the gimmick was ever meant to bury Finlay,he too well respected for that and ive heard McMahon say that of all the wrestlers on the roster Finlay is his favourite to watch...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finaly would be ideal really. Everyone would look good against him. He's a decent star level for ECW too and can work pretty much any style against anyone.

Be like (although not to the same extent) as Flair in WCW/NWA late 80's.

So yeah thumbs up from me.

I dont think the gimmick was ever meant to bury Finlay,he too well respected for that and ive heard McMahon say that of all the wrestlers on the roster Finlay is his favourite to watch...
The gimmick wasn't...the addition of the leprechaun was. Johnny Ace wanted to give Finlay a leprechaun to take away from his character, but it backfired in a big way, mainly because it added some personality to a pretty generic character.

I've never really held Nitro in high regard as a singles wrestler, so seeing him with the ECW world title is totally bizarre; and for me it's lost a lot of credibility

The very fact that Nitro won it as Benoit's replacement shows that they definately didn't want it on Punk. Whether this is because they are planning bigger things for him and didn't want another "Orton" on their hands, i don't know

I agree with those who have said they should put the title on Finlay - he would certainly be my number one choice under the circumstances

Guest Jimmy Redman

You know, I dont necessarily think they should take the belt off Nitro straight away. Sure he's not great, and the idea of him being the ECWHC is ridiculous. But it could actually work if they give him at least a month or so as a champion, really making him look legit (as legit as you can make a cowardly heel look). It gives him credibility as a maineventer, and gives the belt back some credibility. Taking it off him soon and giving it to say Finlay, who while awesome is still only a midcarder, makes Nitro look crap and doesnt elevate the belt any either.

ECW spizzoiler:

I think the way they played this week, Nitro pushing Cena to the limit in a longish match, is a good way to go. Build him up.

Guest N.E.R.D
ECW is fine. A Nitro/Punk is fine, Elijah and Cor Von are coming into there own especially Elijah.

To me thats not going to get the views in

Guest Jimmy Redman

Neither is Finlay for that matter. Its no easy fix. Although I think letting Burke, Punk, CorVon, Nitro etc come into their own on ECW will help more in the long run, instead of being lost in the midcard shuffle on Raw or SD, like Nitro already was.

Guest dpddave
. Taking it off him soon and giving it to say Finlay, who while awesome is still only a midcarder, makes Nitro look crap and doesnt elevate the belt any either.

Nitro wasn't even in the mid-card before he won the title he was jobbing in nothing tag matchs with Kenny.

RVD,Lashley and Benoit who was due to win it were all in the mid-card before they won it so i dont see the problem with finlay.

And finlay would give it a lot more credability than Nitro does.

(before anyone jumps on me,i like nitro but he shouldn't be a ECW champion yet)

The views are always going to be down when they're on an extended cable network that viewers like myself can't get without paying $60 more dollars a month.

Is Nitro now an official Triple Crown winner in WWE? He's won the tag titles, a mid-card singles title (IC) and now a World title (ECW), so would you say he qualifies?

I don't think so, I thought Triple crown was three titles at once.

I don't think so, I thought Triple crown was three titles at once.
In WWE a triple crown winner is one who has held belts at three different "levels". Usually the tag titles, the mid-card title (IC or US) and a World title (ECW, WWE, World). So I'm assuming Nitro is in that group now.

In WWE a triple crown winner is one who has held belts at three different "levels". Usually the tag titles, the mid-card title (IC or US) and a World title (ECW, WWE, World). So I'm assuming Nitro is in that group now.

Ah, that's it.

When was the last major heel/face turn? Like from a main eventer/upper midcarder? HHH on his first night back where he beat Flair all over the building?

HAH! I thought this was the Ask TWO thread for a second. :lol Thanks, though I don't really see Carlito beating up his girlfriend as too major, and that's just based on his status in the heirarchy.

Guest Chriscare

Finlay is way too old to give the ECW world title, i mean Benoit was old enough and finlay has almost a decade on him. ECW has the look of a new youthful brand. Everyone on it over the age of 30 is pretty much a jobber, having a 50 year old champion would take all that youthfulness away.

And like i said Finlay has no star power, he's not someone that the mainstream wrestling fan can get excited about. It's like all the people that say 'push Val Venis' 'WWE need to use Venis' They're solid workers but this isn't a glorified Indy fed, this is WWE, and you need alot more than that.

ECW needs someone as champion that will bring in the viewers, i mean people like Burke, and Punk are great, but with ECW ratings compared to Raw, half the WWE fans have no idea who they are, they turn over to see CM Punk as world champion they're gonna be thinking 'who the hell is that, they give that belt to anyone'. You get a credible champion, then it's gonna make whoever beats him look more credible himself, beating a Raw jobber for it isn't gonna do anything for the title of for Punk

ECW needs someone as champion that will bring in the viewers,

really?

I would say they need a champ who will fill the needs of the brand...and tahst to make stars for the main 2 brands. Who better than Finaly?

Lets be honest, people watch ECW for the wrestling, not the storylines.

Guest Drake

ECW is fine as it is. They have a batch of great, fresh, young talent like Nitro, Punk, Burke, Cor Von and Striker. They should keep the belt on Nitro for a while and let him feud with Punk for like a period of two months. It will help get Nitro over as a legitimate champion and we can also have good match. After those two months end, have Punk go over Nitro and then he can feud with either Burke, Cor Von or once again with Nitro. Tis all good.

EDIT: I could also see the idea of Finlay working. They could work an angle where on Finlay's first appereance at ECW he's walking through the backstage corridors and they can have either Nitro or Burke make fun of him by saying he's old bla bla bla and that ECW is the place for young talent, not for old farts.

And then Finlay can teach the younguns, with Hornswoggle of course, a lesson or two.

Edited by Drake