Martial Arts

The Great American Bash Discussion Thread - 22nd July 2007

TPIB

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DanielFullard

I too am very much looking forward to this PPV. Cena v Lashley is perhaps the biggest match the WWE have put on since Mania and Im really unsure of which way it will go adding to the excitement. Its not often a Cena match is up in the air regarding the result so this should be fun.

Punk v Morrison has been well booked in my view, despite the questionable name change and I can imagine this being a very good match whihc the crowd will really get into. And MVP v Hardy could be a show stealer but with the CW match and Cane match added its unlikely to get the time it deserves.

P. S. I love that in 2007 Vince finally got round to hearing about this new, hip, young band The Doors and thought, hey, Nitro kinda looks like that singer guy.

Thank god someone else is thinking the same! i havent heard anyone make that link yet! (Admittedly i might have missed it if someone has) But i was wondering if it was only me.

I quite like it if thats the road they're going with the character

Guest Dazoggsta
I was actually quite looking forward to watching this, but my sky box has packed in. It looks pretty good and I was even looking forward to the triple threat match.

Guest FreeSpirit
LMAO at Hornswoggle winning the Cruiserweight Title. That was brilliant booking which I never saw coming. Great stuff. :lol

Guest dpddave

Hornswoggle as champ is brilliant! This is the happiest day of my life. Finally an Irish champion. Hornswoggle will do us all proud.

Hopefully he'll move up to the heavyweight division and and win the WHC at WM24 just like Rey did.

Guest FreeSpirit
That Umaga Vs Jeff Hardy match was brilliant. Loved the ending as Umaga really turned it up a gear. Best match of the night so far. :xyx

Guest Cathal
Awesome PPV so far,all the matches have been enjoyable but giving Hornswoggle the CW title seems a bit over the top.

Guest Dave7g

It's been ok, nothing in it was awesome at all. Khali the World Champion is absolutley horrible, what a joke. Other jokes, the CW title is beyond meaningless now that anyone can win it for no reason especially if they aren't even in the match.

Hardy/Umaga was good, probably the MOTN, Khali/Kane and Batista flat out sucked the rest was average, well some was. The bullrope match was nothing, as was Carlito/Sandman and obviously the womens match. The matches you expected to be ok, were ok. The rest was just meh. There was also a pathetic worthless segment with Candace Michelle and The Hardys so that Ron Simmons could say Damn...again.

Guest Craig

Fantastic show. I'd elaborate but it'd be pretty much me saying "man, I really liked this" over and over, so yeah. Pretty much every match and every backstage angle I enjoyed, so thumbs up.

Especially for HORNSWOGGLE WINNING A TITLE. That was the happiest moment of my life. Can't wait for him to defend his title and win because Finlay jumps out from under the ring to hit some guy in the head with a shillelagh. And for anyone that is upset because it kills the Cruiserweights title credibility.....what credibility? At least now the CW Champ will be on every show and will actually be over. Hornswoggle to be Helms reign by about 4 years, hopefully.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9168/38074824ji0.jpg

Words cannot express my happiness.

Edited by Craig

Guest juanjoboyo
Cruiserweight Open Invitational's just been added.

Gee...you'd never think they don't have a clue what to do with that belt would you?

I stand corrected.

Awesome.

An alright PPV.

2 excellent matches in Cena/Lashley and Umaga/Jeff, both booked brilliantly and with excellent performances.

Everything else was either ok or pretty bad. The 3 way was horrible, and Hornswoggle winning is silly (reminds me of WCW 2000) but the cruiser title means nothing so there you go.

I'd say what was good was generally very good, where as Khali was just different shades of awful. Not an outstanding show as no WWE PPV rarely is, but better than on paper.

I'd hope for rematches in the 2 best matches definitely.

Guest Marshall Mac D
I enjoyed the cena lashley match was one of the top match's on that ppv i thought lashley did good in the match i liked it when i saw some of his amateur move's in the ring overall good match but im getting bored and tired with cena as champ.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I enjoyed the PPV. I liked the opening match, Hornswoggle winning the belt is all kinds of greatness and the crowd loved it too. Sandman/Carlito was blah, As was the Women's title match. Matt Hardy's facial expressions and the damn were so great. Umaga V Jeff Hardy was really really good, Punk V Morrison was decent, I was disappointed by the bull rope match, I didn't think the triple was awful I've seen much, much more worse matches in my life and Cena v Lashley was also very very good. Oh and Jerome...LMFAO Edited by The Great Ahmar

Guest MastersGonads

Am I the only one who enjoyed Matt v MVP

I thought if it wasnt for the Hardy brother's matches this would have been a pretty dire PPV

Great PPV! Best of the year by far, miles better than WM23. 3rd time in my life I've stayed up to watch a PPV (from home), first time I managed not to fall asleep.

MVP-Hardy was really boring, IMO. Cruiserweight Open was good, hilariously brilliant that Hornswoggle won the Title. THe post-match high 5's were great, some confetti would have been nice, but you can't have everything. Carlito-Sandman I thought was pretty good, better than MVP-Hardy. Candice Michelle is nowhere near the same league as Trish Stratus, it annoys me so much she's getting the push as head of the women's division, especially when Melian is right there, better looking, more charasmatic, better wrestler, but more importantly, BETTER LOOKING. Umaga-Jeff was pretty good, I still consider Jeff better than Matt. Bullrope match was a fun, short match, exactly as it should have been. CM Punk-Morrison was okay, but for God sake, give Punk the title! I just hope he wins it at SummerSlam. I loved the WHT match. That's right. Khali's roundhouse kick was brilliant, I just liked the match as a whole. Main event was another good match, a shame Cena had to retain, when Lashley hit the Spear I realised how much I wanted him to win, but as soon as Cena went to the top rope, it was obvious what was going to happen.

So, best PPV in a long time, really hyped about SummerSlam now, unfortunately I think it's the night before school restarts, but hell, that's weeks away. So yeah, WMOTN-Hardy VS MVP, MOTN-Close between the WHT and WWE Title matches. Great show.

Oh yeah, some classic JRism's as well:

"Lashley has that...in your style face"

"Lashley's really turning up the gas now"

JR=genius.

Edited by Murph

Guest Chriscare

Lashley vs Cena was MOTN for me. I did enjoy Umaga vs Jeff, but i couldn't think for the life of me anyway Jeff could win, i think Umaga is booked as if he's the size viscera or someone at times, he's not that big!!

I thought Lashleys use of his amature wrestling in his match was great, it was also nice to see some technical wrestling from MVP, he's getting better each week, his kicks are stupid though.

Punk vs Morrison was pretty average, and i think the botched finish to the match just shows how niether man is ready be a champion yet, they really need someone experienced on ECW.