Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing MEGATHREAD~!

King

which is fine, but there's a very good chance that he wouldn't have to fight either of them to get to a World title at some point in his career, and the division isn't exactly stacked with good fighters elsewhere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest bigmatt
I haven't seen the fight yet, I'll watch it later but Tony Thompson lost to Carlos Takam in an apparently comfortable UD last night. That's a shame. I've been a big fan of TT since he beat Price the first time and I was hoping he could keep causing upsets.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigmatt

Deontay Wilder is apparently in line for a shot at Bermane Stiverne's WBC World Heavyweight Title, so I've been going back through his career in chronological order. I'm up to 18-0 but I can't find footage for about 6 or 7 of those fights. Some of the guys he's fought so far are unbelievable. I've heard of building confidence but some of these guys wouldn't quicken your pulse even if you knocked their pint over during a threesome with their wife and mother.

Some of the boxing forum threads from the time are great though, "It's readily apparent that this guy's Chin has the consistency of dried horse shit" - being a recent favourite. One of the forums often has a fantasy matchmaking poll thread, i.e

Who do you want to see Floyd Mayweather fight next?

• Marcos Maidana
  • Amir Khan
  • Danny Garcia
  • Manny Pacquiao
  • Miguel Cotto

etc.

For Wilder they had:

What occupation do you want Deontay Wilder to fight next?

• Bouncer
  • Baggage Handler
  • Milkman
  • Barman
  • Taxi driver
  • Architect
  • Binman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bigmatt

George Groves' first fight after that KO defeat at Wembley stadium has been announced. He will fight Christopher Rebrasse - 22(6)-2-3 - in a world title eliminator at the Wembley Arena. The winner will be in line to fight for Sakio Bika's WBC World Super-Middleweight Title.

Audley Harrison is also talking about coming out of retirement - again - to fight Eddie Chambers on the Fury v Chisora undercard. Chambers has been searching for a decent opponent for that fight - without luck - for weeks.

• 1 month later...
Kell Brook just beat Shawn Porter to win the IBF welterweight title. Quality performance from him. Wembley will be getting booked for a massive Brook/Khan fight next summer.